Housemate swap between BB Finland 5 and Pinoy BB 3

Keskustelua asukasvaihdosta / Discussion in English about the housemate swap.
Bna
Reiska

Re: Housemate swap between BB Finland 5 and Pinoy BB 3

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bna » 07 Marras 2009 00:31

It is very hard place to Cathy to named housemates who she didn´t know before. I think that Esa were guide to Cathy when others were friends from Cathy. If I would be same situation like Cathy, I think that I would raffle who I mention by name :)
"Mustaa päivää vaan, ottakaa musta tuoli ja istukaa mustat perseenne alas, nostetaan vähän mustia verhoja, jotta musta aurinko pääsee sisään!"
-Rauno Repomies

deb1430
Kyttääjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja deb1430 » 07 Marras 2009 00:44

I have to admit I was pretty disappointed with Cathy's choice, but at the same time I can also kind of understand where she's coming from.

As a filipina here is my perspective:

I think Cathy would have never chosen to evict Dana no matter who she was up against because from the very beginning she branded Cathy as her little sister. In the Philippines, when someone considers you as family/or you consider them as family you give them your 100% loyalty.

With Saranna, i think Cathy was really touched when she cried and said she would feel very sad when Cathy leaves. Filipinos are very emotional and passionate people, so I can totally see why she'd have a soft spot for Saranna.

With Esa i am sure Cathy appreciates him and is grateful to him for helping her out, but it's just unfortunate that he had to go up against those 2 girls who Cathy had formed a tight emotionl connection with.

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 07 Marras 2009 00:48

deb1430 kirjoitti:I think Cathy would have never chosen to evict Dana no matter who she was up against because from the very beginning she branded Cathy as her little sister. In the Philippines, when someone considers you as family/or you consider them as family you give them your 100% loyalty.
But in Finland saying something like that means squat, especially when Dana said that, and during the very first 5 minutes or so. How can anyone judge someone so deeply, pro or con, in 5 minutes and really mean it :)

deb1430
Kyttääjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja deb1430 » 07 Marras 2009 00:53

Punde kirjoitti:
deb1430 kirjoitti:I think Cathy would have never chosen to evict Dana no matter who she was up against because from the very beginning she branded Cathy as her little sister. In the Philippines, when someone considers you as family/or you consider them as family you give them your 100% loyalty.
But in Finland saying something like that means squat, especially when Dana said that, and during the very first 5 minutes or so. How can anyone judge someone so deeply, pro or con, in 5 minutes and really mean it :)
Genuine or not (i would like to give Dana the benefit of the doubt) :wink: , looks like Cathy took it very seriously cause she even mentioned "the little sister" thing on her farewell speech. Whatever Dana said, it surely worked.

luotoja
Tapetti

Viesti Kirjoittaja luotoja » 07 Marras 2009 01:00

Cathy's flight has departed towards Bangkok. the flight is 60 minutes late because of the weather(reason: snow ja water) And just at this moment flight leaves from Finnish airspace.

Thank you Cathy for your time here

Reilulaksatiivi
VIP-vieras

Viesti Kirjoittaja Reilulaksatiivi » 07 Marras 2009 01:35

laatuviihde kirjoitti:I am little disappointed, I have to say. Before she left the BB-house, Cathy was asked to choose one of the HMs, which she would evict if she had to. And she picked Esa, the one who has most of all been taking care of Cathy's welfare and coping. Cathy explained that it is very hard to choose, because they all have been very kind and plaa plaa plaa but because Esa does not drink too much alcohol (unlike the others) and is so serious all the time , she would choose Esa to be evicted. Of course it is just her opinion, and it is hard to choose, but somehow it feels like being backstabbed. I do not know why, but anyway.
In oder to understand why Cathy chose Esa, we have to remember that she has been in the Big Brother house and we viewers not. Lots of viewers like Esa but they haven´t lived with him in the Big brother house. it seems that it is very important in a big brother house that the housemates show and share their everyday emotions with each others and that is something what Esa haven´t done in the house. Esa might be seen very likeable and interesting person from outside the house but in the reality he is at least for his housemates a source of stress . Would you like to live with a "lonely rider " type of a person in the Big Brother house which is saying that he feels lonely in the house but is not ready and willing to do anything to bond with the group?

chypre
Kolhoosin johtaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja chypre » 07 Marras 2009 03:35

Reilulaksatiivi kirjoitti:
laatuviihde kirjoitti:I am little disappointed, I have to say. Before she left the BB-house, Cathy was asked to choose one of the HMs, which she would evict if she had to. And she picked Esa, the one who has most of all been taking care of Cathy's welfare and coping. Cathy explained that it is very hard to choose, because they all have been very kind and plaa plaa plaa but because Esa does not drink too much alcohol (unlike the others) and is so serious all the time , she would choose Esa to be evicted. Of course it is just her opinion, and it is hard to choose, but somehow it feels like being backstabbed. I do not know why, but anyway.
In oder to understand why Cathy chose Esa, we have to remember that she has been in the Big Brother house and we viewers not. Lots of viewers like Esa but they haven´t lived with him in the Big brother house. it seems that it is very important in a big brother house that the housemates show and share their everyday emotions with each others and that is something what Esa haven´t done in the house. Esa might be seen very likeable and interesting person from outside the house but in the reality he is at least for his housemates a source of stress . Would you like to live with a "lonely rider " type of a person in the Big Brother house which is saying that he feels lonely in the house but is not ready and willing to do anything to bond with the group?

I don´t think you´ve been watching closely enough. Esa does bond with the other housemates. He participates in discussions but is often overlooked or even dismissed by the other housemates who seem to think what they have to say is more important (when in reality it isn´t). The other housemates are so overpowering and all about themselves that Esa doesn´t necessarily even get a chance to speak (OK, I was wrong about Stephania, she´s all about herself and Colombia).
"Oliks sadan tonnin polkasu, oliks?"

laatuviihde
Tuotannon kätyri

Viesti Kirjoittaja laatuviihde » 07 Marras 2009 03:53

Reilulaksatiivi kirjoitti:
laatuviihde kirjoitti:I am little disappointed, I have to say. Before she left the BB-house, Cathy was asked to choose one of the HMs, which she would evict if she had to. And she picked Esa, the one who has most of all been taking care of Cathy's welfare and coping. - - - - - Of course it is just her opinion, and it is hard to choose, but somehow it feels like being backstabbed. I do not know why, but anyway.
I do agree with you when you write that Esa is not sharing his emotions the way the others do. But I can not find the way they (other HMs) act when sharing their feelings, the one and only possible. There are different kind of people and they are acting in various of ways, and I think it is only fair to tolerate the diversity of acting when it is not hurting anybody. And I can not find Esa as the remarkable source of the stress in the house. There has been people coming and going, people shouting, fighting and even been forcely nominated or evicted. IMO Esa has been relatively calm and in balance. He has been working for the team and he has been motivated regarding all the tasks. He has participated to all the activities in the house besides the drinking and fierce partying. I think Esa has been doing a lot of things to bond with his HMs, especially this week.

But all this is not the main point after all. What I was trying to express was the disappointment to Cathy's choise, which I find like turning the back to the one who has been the most helpful. Or, as I described earlier, stabbing the knife to the back of your dear friend. But, as we know now, that has not been the situation. I have interpreted Cathy's behavior the wrong way. She found the other HMs more close to herself, and that is totally OK. It was her call, and of course she did the right choise.

ff
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja ff » 07 Marras 2009 04:04

Would like to thank Pinoy Big Brother for giving us the pleasure to watch and enjoy Cathy. Hope that she will go a long way in your bb and maybe have a succesful singing career in the future. :in love: I would definitely buy her cd's if the genre she chooses would sound nice to my ears. Her voice is very good and sensitive.
Eeppinen debyytti: Girls' Generation (소녀시대) – 다시 만난 세계 (Into The New World) (Live 2013)
-----
1. Esa A (BB5) 2. Elisabet (BB6) 3. Niko (BB3/BB6) 4. Kristiina (BB11) 5. Tuija (BB5)

banoffi
Kesä-Esa

Viesti Kirjoittaja banoffi » 07 Marras 2009 04:07

Like deb1430 said, Dana and Saranna already got Cathy's loyalty, so when forced to make a choice on who'll be the next to go out, we Filipinos would easily guess that she won't choose to turn her back against those two. Too bad she had to choose, and even if she also liked Esa dearly, the bond she formed with Dana and Saranna is easily stronger. Closeness, friendship, whatever you call it, it's big in PBB. it makes us Filipinos really frustrated at times because even if we want the worst housemate out, sometimes s/he won't be nominated because s/he has strong bonds with other HMs. I hope Finns would understand that Cathy didn't like to choose who to evict, just like Katlin didn't want to decide who would win the weekly task in PBB. cheers! :)

Care to share what had happened after Katlin re-entered BBF? :)

oreotm
Kesä-Esa

Viesti Kirjoittaja oreotm » 07 Marras 2009 04:30

i think the reason she voted Esa is because she thinks Esa is lonely inside the house specially when all the housemate are drink except him(but for me its a good thing) basing from the way the Filipino housemates vote during Eviction week, they all vote because they think this person is lonely, like this person misses his/her family or his/her lover. so if you'll based it from the way filipino housemates vote i think its just because cathy thinks that Esa is lonely inside the house nothing more nothing less.... but who knows what the real reason why cathy voted Esa, only cathy knows why...

jer_sweety
Toukka

Viesti Kirjoittaja jer_sweety » 07 Marras 2009 06:49

Hello guys, the Big swap was over. I really appreciate all our interactions and discussions in this forum. Hope our finnish friends will still update us on what's happening inside the BBF. Good luck to us guys and thanks again...

About Cathy choosing Esa, my thoughts about this is that Cathy knew that Esa is the smartest and most mature guy in BBF and among the nominees. She maybe believe that whatever her decision, Esa would understand her the most and would not take it against her. Another thing, emotionally, she was more attached to Dana, Steffi and Antti (who made her laughs with his english antics,etc). But afterall, I believed that it was a very hard decision for Cathy to choose among the nominees. Personally, I like Esa, Dana, Steffi, Sampo and Antti the most. But i am rooting for Esa to be the Big winner. Hope you will support him till the end.

I didn't know that we're in the same shoe. Most of the filipino viewers here too was disappointed with Kaitlin's decision in choosing the OhB in their weekly task. But, I, myself understand Kaitlin's decision and respect it.

rencruz
Kesä-Esa

Viesti Kirjoittaja rencruz » 07 Marras 2009 09:26

Salvador kirjoitti:Here are two videos about Cathy leaving the house:

Cathy is being told that she's gonna leave the house
http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=25148

The leaving (at 1:45) and an interview (at 15:40)
http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=25071
I can't watch this videos.
Do you guys have other videos when Cathy leave the house?
Kuva

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 07 Marras 2009 09:42

rencruz kirjoitti:Do you guys have other videos when Cathy leave the house?
No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUjzgVI3RhM

luotoja
Tapetti

Viesti Kirjoittaja luotoja » 07 Marras 2009 09:49

Finnish entertainment news service stara.net know to tell that cathy is leaving from finland today, not Yesterday. so it means that Cathy goes back to the Philippines via Amsterdam or Frankfurt. so what he is likely to be at home on Sunday.

deb1430
Kyttääjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja deb1430 » 07 Marras 2009 10:03

Awwwwww!

Kuva

ciara
Tuotantoassistentti

Viesti Kirjoittaja ciara » 07 Marras 2009 10:04

banoffi kirjoitti:
Care to share what had happened after Katlin re-entered BBF? :)
Kätlin re-entered the house at 2am Finnish time. Big Brother put on the bedroom lighst and the song hat Cathy also rehearsed, Sininen ja Valkoinen started playing loudly. Then Kätlin entered the house all smiles and excited. Sampo, Dana and Steffi rushed to hug and kiss her. Then Toni and Aso came and Toni lifted her up to his arms :) Saranna showed a bit of a sour face, but everyone hugged Kätlin. Kätlin went to Hug Esa who stayed in the background.

Kätlin had the flowers she got from Hermes with her and a lot of luggage. She started to tell about her trip and the housemates in PBB. She was telling how she has never met such warm people! She said that Melai is the funniest person she has ever seen, Rica was SO nice and feminine, Tom had a phenomenal voice, Yuri was like a little fairy with her perfect skin, petite posture and thick hair. She also told how all Filipinos are really tiny and how she sometimes felt like she was so big among them.

And then Hermes...Kätlin was asked if she had a crush on anyone in the house. She giggled first a lot and then said yeeeess! :mrgreen: She said Hermes was so hot and sexy, a real gentleman. She rushed to find the hair he gave to her and was almost worried when she didn't find it immediately. She found it and the others asked if they kissed. She said yes and described Hermes' kissing style very passionate indeed.

The Finnish housemates told some things about Cathy and what's been going on inside the house. Like who has been evicted, who is up for nomination etc. Kätlin told a lot of things that she had seen, and she was so bubbly and excited she barely could sit still! After one hour or so the housemates went to bed, Kätlin went to sleep next to Dana and kissed her goodnight. Seems like she has forgotten about their argument already.
Kätlin <3

deb1430
Kyttääjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja deb1430 » 07 Marras 2009 10:45

^Ciara, thanks so much for the update. I am glad to hear that Katlin enjoyed herself so much. Did she show the other housemates the dress that BB Philippines gave her? if so, what were their reaction?

Kuva

ciara
Tuotantoassistentti

Viesti Kirjoittaja ciara » 07 Marras 2009 11:12

deb1430 kirjoitti:^Ciara, thanks so much for the update. I am glad to hear that Katlin enjoyed herself so much. Did she show the other housemates the dress that BB Philippines gave her? if so, what were their reaction?
You're welcome! :) Yes she showed the dress and everyone said that it was so beautiful. They were in awe, actually, of the generosity of PBB. Kätlin showed all the new clothes she got from your Big Brother. This morning when she woke up she instantly started speaking English! :mrgreen: It was so funny! She didn't know where she was. She continued telling about her adventures in PBB, about the spider fight and how people were so friendly. She also said that she was so sad to leave that she cried and how it was difficult to choose between the two houses. She said that she will go back to the Philippines as soon as she can raise the money for the trip. The other housemates said that they will go too, maybe to the big finale.
Kätlin <3

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 07 Marras 2009 11:53

chillgloree kirjoitti:When this big Swap with Finland was confirmed,i was a bit skeptic of how will it turn out.Especially, with Finnish hm's.My idea was Cathy wouldd be welcomed,but i didn't expect it'd be this warm.I thought Europeans in general are so used with meeting different races to the point of not minding about an additional housemate,especially from our country.It turned out a surprise for me to know that Finnish are these welcoming..Treating every moment spent with CATHY like a treasured experience.I Must say kudos 2 cathy as well!She has retained her poise and made things run smoothly with the BBF housemates!!
Major credit must be given to Cathy herself. I reckon she was just all-around so adorable a guest in the BBF house - like a breath of fresh air in all her relative innocence and so nice with her sincerely positive, thoughtful, and intelligently curious attitude - that even our boneheaded BBF party animals recognized her as something special.

She also had the genuine willingness to try and interact equally with all the BBF HMs: even those whose English skills were limited and not quite up to a fluent conversational level. I thought this was a really sweet gesture of her. It was also entertaining to the viewers. Especially her interview with Antti was easily one of the TOP-5 funniest moments of this BBF season, and it gave some new perspective into just what kind of a person Antti is.

Her one-on-one discussions with Esa - whenever she got a chance of that without being "hijacked" by the (occasionally very loud and hyper!) female BBF HM brigade - were insightful and interesting as well. Eventually even Toni felt comfortable enough to utter some English sentences, which was no small feat, I think.

But compliments to the Finnish HMs as well. They played their part well too, and I think also the Finnish viewers were positively surprised about how nicely it all came together in the end. Although there were some rough spots, overall, the housemates really did put some genuine effort in keeping company to Cathy; trying to maintain discussions in English in her presence and generally making her feel like another Finnish HM - all the way to teaching her the recurring catchphrases, in-jokes and running gags the HMs have developed while living in the BBF house.

The biggest gripe of the Finnish viewers during Cathy's stay has been that our BBF housemates are such a bunch of loud-mouthed, obnoxious binge-drinking idiots. Yes, warm and hospitable idiots, obviously, but idiots still; having no decency to clean up their messy house or consideration for basic manners even when a guest from different culture is around. So when they're presented to Cathy and the Philipino viewers as the shining beacons of "Finnish way of life", it's somewhat embarrassing and cringeworthy, me thinks. I'm glad we at least had Esa in the house to balance things out a bit...

banoffi
Kesä-Esa

Viesti Kirjoittaja banoffi » 07 Marras 2009 11:54

@ciara: Thanks for the update! Did the other HMs told Katlin stories about Cathy too? :) And I was wondering, why did Saranna seem not happy having Katlin back?

We all want the BBF HMs to be in the PBB finale, that would be awesome. I read somewhere that the Finale for PBB wll still be next year so we really hope they could come. Many PBB fans believe that Cathy will be a shoo in for the finale, considering how she well represented the Philippines in Finland. We just hope that she continues to blossom when she returns to PBB and not return to being less noticeable compared to the other PBB HMs.

PEX is down again. maybe some of the PEXers will hang out at this thread for a while until PEX comes back later.

Salvador
Nevahööd

Viesti Kirjoittaja Salvador » 07 Marras 2009 12:00

rencruz kirjoitti:I can't watch this videos.
Do you guys have other videos when Cathy leave the house?
Do you have the Windows Media Player plug-in installed to your web browser?

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Asukasvaihto / Housemate swap”