Nyrkkeily, vapaaottelu ja muut kamppailulajit

Kaikki urheiluun liittyvä keskustelu käydään täällä.
Vastaa Viestiin
Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Re: Yleinen urheilutopic

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 22 Huhti 2008 15:09

Spencer kirjoitti:
Punde kirjoitti:Yhen matsin tuomariäänet tosin meni 30/26, 30/27 ja 30/24!! (erän voittajalle siis 10 pojoa, toinen saa 9, paitsi jos tekee jotain tyhmää/on tekemättä käytännössä yhtään mitään ja pisteitä vähennetää)

Taitaa olla world first UFC:ssä toi 24 :shock: Buuauksetki oli kyllä sitä luokkaa että oksat irti.
Kalib Starnesin kannattaisi ripustaa hanskat naulaan ja siirtyä maratonjuoksuun.. :) Starnesia tuskin nähdään enää ikinä UFC:ssä.
Starnes on nyt sitten potkittu pois UFC:stä. :thumbsup
UFC cuts Kalib Starnes due to UFC 83 antics

It was a great night for mixed martial arts on Saturday in Montreal, as an enthusiastic sellout crowd of 21,390 packed the Bell Centre to watch hometown hero Georges St. Pierre reclaim the UFC welterweight title from Matt Serra at UFC 83.

It wasn't such a good night, though, for Kalib Starnes, who spent most of the evening running from Nate Quarry in their middleweight bout. A native of Surrey, B.C., Starnes was booed heavily by the Canadian crowd that had been boisterous in its support of all the other Canadians on the card.

After losing a unanimous decision on scores of 30-26, 30-27, and an unheard-of 30-24, Starnes received even worse news: He was cut from his contract by UFC president Dana White.

"He just doesn’t belong in the UFC and after his performance the other night, he should consider a new line of work," White said Monday.

Quarry pressed the action the entire fight as Starnes simply circled and refused to engage. Late in the third round, Quarry pretended to run like he was a track star in trying to find a way to get Starnes to fight.

After the bout, members of Quarry's corner were complaining to Starnes about his lack of activity. Starnes shouted an expletive at one member of Quarry's team, called him a derogatory term for homosexuals and challenged him to a fight.

Starnes couldn't be reached for comment about his performance, but Quarry expressed disappointment with Starnes' lack of effort.

A one-time contestant on The Ultimate Fighter, Starnes was 8-2 going into the bout and had had quality victories over Chris Leben and Jason MacDonald.

"I think if you're fighting in the UFC, you've got to come to fight," Quarry told UFC.com in a post-fight interview. "I would much rather get knocked out than lose a decision running backwards. No disrespect to Kalib. I know the stress really gets to you. A lot of guys, they focus on not wanting to lose instead of wanting to win. I didn't mean to disrespect him in any way. I just got frustrated because you can't fight when somebody's moving backward that fast."
Parhaat asukkaat: 1. Aleisha 2. Nikki (1982-2021 RIP) 3. Paul 4. Dick 5. Charlotte

Parhaat kaudet: 1. BBAU7 2. BBUK9 3. BBUS8 4. BBAU4 5. BBCAN4

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 22 Huhti 2008 15:24

Spencer kirjoitti:Starnes on nyt sitten potkittu pois UFC:stä. :thumbsup
Kukaan tuskin on yllättyny tosta uutisesta :)

Ihan uskomaton matsi, ihan väärällä tavalla. Kanukkiyleisö ensin tietty hurras kaaleppia ja buuas quarrya, mut mitenkäs kävikää. Uskomattomat hurraukset lopussa quarrylle, hienoa varsinkin ku seisoivat tuomiota oottamassa ja kuva leikkas miehestä toisee :D

Plus se viimesekuntien käsiele, siis matsin aikana, minkä quarry teki runningmanin jälkee :DD ROTFL, todellaki.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 03 Syys 2008 16:33

Randy Couture is BACK! Couture vs. Lesnar, en jaksa odottaa!! :bow:
mmajunkie.com kirjoitti: It's official: Randy Couture returning to UFC, fights Brock Lesnar at UFC 91

Kuva

After a very public split with the organization back in October, reigning UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture has agreed to return to the UFC, and he'll meet Brock Lesnar in a UFC 91 championship bout with Brock Lesnar.

UFC President Dana White today confirmed the news in a media conference call.

White also confirmed that UFC 91 will take place Nov. 15 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas -- not at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore., as first expected.

As part of Couture's return to competition, which includes a new multi-fight deal with the UFC, White confirmed that their ongoing legal battle has been resolved. Couture resigned from the organization in October citing a lack of respect from UFC executives, issues over his pay, and the UFC's inability to sign then-free agent Fedor Emelianenko.

"I think some compromises were made on both sides," Couture said.

"All I give a [expletive] about is that he's back and fighting," White said.

White also confirmed that the winner of an upcoming fight between interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Frank Mir will meet the Couture vs. Lesnar winner sometime in 2009 to unify the titles.

White didn't role out a potential Couture vs. Emelianenko fight -- one that Couture desparately wants -- but said the famed Russian fighter's contract situation could present problems. However, White admitted that he's "always wanted" Emelianenko in the UFC.
Parhaat asukkaat: 1. Aleisha 2. Nikki (1982-2021 RIP) 3. Paul 4. Dick 5. Charlotte

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 09 Syys 2008 16:55

RIP Evan Tanner. :(
mmamania kirjoitti: Evan Tanner dies in the desert (seriously)

“I plan on going so deep into the desert, that any failure of my equipment, could cost me my life.”

– Evan Tanner, August 18, 2008

Kuva

It appears that former UFC middleweight champion Evan Tanner predicted his own death less than one month ago.

The Imperial County Sheriff’s Department today discovered the dead body of a man in the Palo Verde, Calif., mountain area. And it is indeed Tanner.

MMAmania.com has placed several calls to the Imperial County Sheriff’s Department and we have been unable to confirm or deny the report. However, it has been confirmed by several people close to Tanner.

Here’s a snip from IVPressOnline.com:

“Authorities have not confirmed if the body is that of missing mixed martial arts fighter, Evan Tanner, who had fought in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Tanner, 37, has been missing since last weekend. Tanner’s friends from Oceanside, where Tanner resides, had been texting him without reply since Wednesday before they reported him missing on Friday. On Sunday, a campsite was discovered in the Clapp Springs area of the Palo Verde mountains. Tanner’s motorcycle was found at the campsite. A body was found today when a sheriffs deputy was flying around the general location of the campsite. The Imperial County deputy coroner is being flown in to retrieve and identify body.”

This is truly a a huge loss. He was a pioneer of the sport who had his own unique approach to fighting and to life.

He was an adventure seeker, documenting his travels in great detail on his personal blog and on Spike.com. Tanner recently overcame a dark period in his life and a battle with alcohol.

His life was an open book, which either turned fans in his favor or against him. Tanner didn’t really care one way or the other how people felt — he did things his way.

He recently returned to the Octagon to recapture some of the glory from earlier in his fighting career; however, he lost his first two comeback bouts.

Tanner mentioned that he was going to take some time off and address some injuries that had been hampering him for the past several years. In the meantime, he continued his nomadic ways. While terribly tragic and entirely premature, it’s perhaps a poetic end for one of the most eccentric fighters the sport has ever known.

Rest in peace, Evan.
evantanner.net kirjoitti: RIP Evan

THE FOLLOWING WAS WRITTEN BY IAN DAWE, ONE OF EVANS CLOSEST FRIENDS.

There are no words to explain how I feel right now.

I had seen the threads on the internet about Evans disappearance earlier today and thought nothing of it. Over the past year and a half Evan and I spent a lot of time traveling, training, and living together. Just recently Evan made the trip from California to Quebec to corner me, he hadn't even moved into his apartment yet. That is just an example of the type of friend Evan was.

After my fight Evan and I spent the entire night talking about women, motorcycles, and supplies for his trip. I knew how well prepared he was for this excursion. Although Evan was somewhat of a nomad, he was also very meticulous and organized. He kept a notepad full of tasks that needed to be accomplished for the day, and as most of you know, a very detailed journal.

Evan meant a lot of things to a lot of people. To some he was a drifter, a poet, a warriror. To others he was a world champion and source of inspiration, he was my best friend. More importantly, Evan was his own man. He knew his path, and he walked it, as he will continue to walk in our hearts.

Please leave comments of memories or stories you have of Evan.

BELIEVE in the POWER of ONE.

http://evantanner.net/

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 17 Syys 2008 02:48

UFC 88 edelleen katsomatta. Hemmetin BB. No ei BB kyllä ole syy, ei vaan matsit oo täl kertaa kovin mielenkiintosia, paitti ite kohokohta hieman.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 17 Syys 2008 03:01

Punde kirjoitti:UFC 88 edelleen katsomatta. Hemmetin BB. No ei BB kyllä ole syy, ei vaan matsit oo täl kertaa kovin mielenkiintosia, paitti ite kohokohta hieman.
Ultimate Fighter 8: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir alkaa muuten huomenna. Ihan vaan vinkkinä, jos sattuisi kiinnostamaan Pundea tai jotakuta muuta..

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 17 Syys 2008 21:12

88 katottu. Aika apina oli korean poika, ja Iceman tipahti aika näyttävästi täystyrmäyksellä, muahaha :tu

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 17 Syys 2008 21:27

Punde kirjoitti:88 katottu. Aika apina oli korean poika, ja Iceman tipahti aika näyttävästi täystyrmäyksellä, muahaha :tu
Jep. [smilie=a_teeth.gif]

Tässä vielä tuo tyrmäys kaikille kiinnostuneille:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPjikw7QIqY

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 25 Syys 2008 14:30

Taas vinkkinä Pundelle ja mahdollisesti muille kiinnostuneille, että tänään alkaa Jimillä Ultimate Fighter 2. Valmentajina Matt Hughes ja Rich Franklin. Mukana mm. Joe Stevenson, Marcus Davis, Josh Burkman, Melvin Guillard, Jorge Gurgel, Keith Jardine, Rashad Evans..

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 06 Loka 2008 17:54

Kimbo Slice oli vähän pihalla :D :

Kuva

MMA:n paras naistappelija ja jumalattoman kaunis Gina Carano joutui riisuutumaan alasti punnituksissa ja tytön isä pudotti vahingossa pyyhkeen [smilie=a_ohyahbaby.gif]:

Kuva Kuva

Tirkka
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tirkka » 06 Loka 2008 19:22

Öö, wtf! Hyökkäsikö tuo Kimbo tuomarin päälle vai mitä tuossa tapahtuu? :D
Totuus on tuolla ulkona.

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 06 Loka 2008 19:25

Tirkka kirjoitti:Öö, wtf! Hyökkäsikö tuo Kimbo tuomarin päälle vai mitä tuossa tapahtuu? :D
Kun Kimbo oli tyrmätty (14 sekunnissa) niin se oli vähän sekasin päästään ja kävi ottelua keskeyttämään tulleen tuomarin kimppuun, koska ei tajunnut häntä tuomariksi vaan luuli vastustajakseen.

Tota näkee aina silloin tällöin MMA:ssa :P

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 06 Loka 2008 19:38

Tirkka kirjoitti:Öö, wtf! Hyökkäsikö tuo Kimbo tuomarin päälle vai mitä tuossa tapahtuu? :D
Tuo matsi on nähtävissä täällä:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKndSApojAg

Edit: Kyllä täytyy vieläkin ihmetellä tuota Kimbon lasileukaa. Kevyt jabi ja mies on kanveesissa. Kupla puhkesi. :lol:

Edit2: Tietoa Kimbo Slicesta:
http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimbo_Slice

Tirkka
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tirkka » 06 Loka 2008 19:53

Juu, lyhyt oli matsi, pakko myöntää. Aika noloa kyllä joutua paljon itseään heppoisemman vastustajan tyrmäämäksi noin helposti. :D
Totuus on tuolla ulkona.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 06 Loka 2008 20:13

Tirkka kirjoitti:Juu, lyhyt oli matsi, pakko myöntää. Aika noloa kyllä joutua paljon itseään heppoisemman vastustajan tyrmäämäksi noin helposti. :D
Jep. :D Kimbo (3-1) on ottanut aiemmin matsia vain vanhoja pappoja tai lasileukoja vastaan. Nytkin hänen piti alunperin otella 44-vuotiasta Ken Shamrockia vastaan, mutta Ken joutui kirjaimellisesti viime hetkillä vetäytymään ja korvaajaksi tuli tuo kevyt raskassarjalainen, Kimboa nopeampi, nuorempi ja aika tuntematon Seth Petruzelli (Jimillä pyörivästä TUF2 tuttu). Noin siinä sitten kävi.

Kultapoika-Kimbo on saanut kovaa hypetystä osakseen EliteXC:n suunnalta. Paha takaisku EliteXC:lle. Muahahah. :bidmouth:

EliteXC:n varapresidentti Jared "$kala" Shawn eleet kertovat kaiken:

Kuva

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 06 Loka 2008 20:16

Huuleltalukijan lahjoja ei paljon tarvita että huomaa mitä $kala huuteli :D

"back of the head!!! He hit on the back of the head!!!" tai jotain vastaavaa.

Joo, yks isku osu takaraivoon, mutta sitä sattuu eikä jalat siitä lähteny kimbon alta.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 07 Loka 2008 18:39

mmamania.com kirjoitti: Seth Petruzelli: Elite XC ‘didn’t want me to take’ Kimbo Slice down

Kuva

Quoteworthy:

“My original plan was to throw out push kicks, have him think that I’m gonna throw them more, and then to shoot in on him, obviously. But the promoters kind of hinted to me, and they gave me the money to stand and trade with him. They didn’t want me to take him down, let’s just put it that way. It was worth my while to try to stand up and punch with him.”

Not like it matters now, but Elite XC fighter Seth Petruzelli talks about the promotion “hinting” to keep his fight against Kimbo Slice this past Saturday night standing rather than to try and take the street brawler to the ground. He ended up ending the fight standing in just 14 seconds. “The Silverback” indicated that he was paid “six figures” to take the fight against Slice, which is a nice payday for the former contestant on The Ultimate Fighter. The interview took place today on “The Monsters in the Morning” — a popular Orlando radio program in which Petruzelli is a regular guest to discuss mixed martial arts — on Real Radio 104.1. It’s a very interesting listen to say the least.
Toinen naula EliteXC:n ja Jared "$kala" Shawn arkkuun. :td Olisivat nyt samalla maksaneet miehen hiljaiseksi. :) Kimbo sai muuten tuosta 14 sekuntia kestäneestä matsista $500,000.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 08 Loka 2008 17:30

mmamania.com kirjoitti: Elite XC denies paying Seth Petruzelli to stand in win over Kimbo Slice

Kuva

Quoteworthy:

“Obviously we didn’t pay [Petruzelli] to stand. Kimbo had trained for months to fight a guy who’s fighting on the ground. We don’t care if people stand or take people down or what. It doesn’t matter to us. All we want is an exciting fight.”

Elite XC Head of Fight Operations Jeremy Lappen says that there is no truth to reports that replacement fighter Seth Petruzelli was paid to stand with Kimbo Slice in this past Saturday’s main event at Elite XC: “Heat.” He has a solid point about Kimbo having been training for a ground fighter all along in Ken Shamrock. If Elite XC wanted someone to stand with Kimbo, would the promotion have even put him against Shamrock in the first place? Petruzelli is also claiming that he was misquoted on the radio program yesterday when the original story broke, but his comments were hard to misquote — they seemed to be pretty black and white. Nonetheless, the seed of doubt has been planted, which is just the latest of several big hurdles that the struggling promotion has had to overcome.
Niin niin, seliseli. [smilie=a_doh.gif]

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 23 Loka 2008 04:23

The Count sitten lähes kävellen voitti Chris "itkupilli" Lebenin [smilie=a_goodjob.gif] Ja song 2 soi täällä! :tu

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 23 Loka 2008 04:35

Punde kirjoitti:The Count sitten lähes kävellen voitti Chris "itkupilli" Lebenin [smilie=a_goodjob.gif] Ja song 2 soi täällä! :tu
Paremminkin peruuttelemalla ja iskemällä oikean paikan tullen. Lebenhän painoi tuttuun tyyliinsä 3 erää aggressiivisesti ja päättömästi päälle ja kontrolloi ottelun tempoa.. Bispingin tiimi oli kyllä laatinut tappavan tylsän ja tehokkaan strategian yltiö aggressiivisen Lebenin voittamiseen. Toimi paremmin kuin hyvin. :thumbsup
Kyllä Bisping näitä keskikovia vastustajia vastaan pärjää, mutta heti kun tulee kovempi (Evans), niin tulee turpaan. Kovempia vastustajia odotellessa.. :blackeye

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 04 Marras 2008 18:03

Punde kirjoitti:The Count sitten lähes kävellen voitti Chris "itkupilli" Lebenin [smilie=a_goodjob.gif] Ja song 2 soi täällä! :tu
Leben kärähti kielletyistä aineista. [smilie=nonono.gif]
mmajunkie kirjoitti: Failed UFC 89 drug test nets Chris Leben nine-month suspension

The Ultimate Fighting Championship has suspended UFC middleweight and UFC 89 headliner Chris Leben nine months and fined him one third of his fight purse for failing a drug test at the Oct. 18 event.

Kuva

The UFC announced the suspension and fine after Leben tested positive for the steroid Stanozolol.

UFC 89 took place in Birmingham, England, and the UFC served as its own regulatory body for the event since the country has no athletic commission that oversees MMA shows.

Leben suffered a unanimous-decision loss to British fighter Michael Bisping in the main event of UFC 89, which aired via tape delay on Spike TV.

"I've really done everything I can to turn my life around, and this is a huge setback for me, but it is something I will have to deal with," Leben stated. "During my time off from fighting, I want to speak to kids about the dangers of using performance enhancing agents and let them know it just doesn’t get you ahead in life. Of course this is a hard hit for me monetarily, but more so this is embarrassing for me and for all of my fans. I apologize to the UFC and everyone who supported me in my fight in England. I hope to work through this and get back to fighting soon."

Stanozolol, which is often sold under the brand name Winstrol, is a synthetic anabolic steroid derived from testosterone that is usually prescribed to treat anaemia and hereditary angioedema in humans, though it's also available for veterinary uses. The drug is popular in the bodybuilding world, though MMA fighters such as Tim Sylvia, Phil Baroni and Kimo Leopoldo have tested positive for it in the past.

All 22 fighters from UFC 89 were tested, according to the UFC.

"I am obviously disappointed with Chris, who has made great strides getting his life back on track," UFC President Dana White stated. "To his credit, he has taken responsibility for his actions and is accepting the punishment that has been handed down. But as always, the UFC puts the safety of its athletes first and foremost, and we won’t tolerate anyone using performance enhancing drugs in our organization."

Leben had been scheduled to headline UFC 85 with Bisping in June, but the bout was postponed so that Leben could serve jail time for a previous DUI offense. He hoped jail time wouldn't be issued and that the move would allow him to secure a visa for the event. However, Leben was sentenced to 35 days in the Clackamas County Jail in Oregon (though he was released early), and the fight was postponed.

Serving the jail time was part of what Leben called a maturation process that followed his move to Hawaii, where he now serves as an MMA instructor at the ICON Fitness and MMA Center. Prior to UFC 89, Leben, who appeared on "The Ultimate Fighter 1" (with a few drunken rampages), also said he had quit drinking.

He'll be eligible to return to the UFC in July 2009.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 17 Marras 2008 01:21

Lauantaina entinen WWE-painija Brock Lesnar kohtasi Randy Couturen UFC:n raskaansarjan mestaruusottelussa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rq0ic87gqg
| +
Brock Lesnar on siis uusi raskaansarjan mestari!! Ei siinä kauaa mennyt. Tuo oli vasta Lesnarin neljäs MMA-ottelu. Edellisen matsinsa jälkeen melkein kaikki miehen dissaajat hiljenivät, nyt laittoi varmasti lopuillekin jauhot suuhun. Brock Lesnar on The REAL Deal! Oikea ihmishirviö.

Kuva

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Urheilu”