Big Brother Kanada

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Big Brother Kanada

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 31 Touko 2012 18:07

Big Brother tulee vihdoin ja viimein virallisesti Kanadaan... :tu

(Ei pidä sotkea Big Brother Quebec:n, joka oli aivan eri asia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_%28Quebec%29)
http://shawmediatv.ca kirjoitti:THE BIG BROTHER PHENOMENON IS COMING TO CANADA

First Ever Canadian Edition of Endemol’s Worldwide Hit Franchise Comes Exclusively to Slice™

TORONTO, May 30, 2012 – Shaw Media has sealed a deal with Endemol to produce the first ever Canadian instalment of the wildly popular international sensation Big Brother and has teamed up with Canadian production heavyweight Insight Productions on the production of the series. The inaugural season of Big Brother Canada will air during the 2012/13 broadcast season exclusively on Slice™.

The hugely successful Big Brother franchise aired 25 formats in 87 countries in 2011 and continues to roll out in new territories. Big Brother U.S. has consistently been a top ranked staple on Global’s schedule for 13 seasons.

“Big Brother has become a worldwide phenomenon and we’re proud to team up withEndemol and Insight Productions to launch the fan favourite format in Canada,” said Barbara Williams, Senior Vice President of Content, Shaw Media. “The production of this format is hugely exciting as it takes us into unchartered territory, filming live around-the-clock and enabling fans to interact with the series in ways we’ve never explored before.”

“After more than a decade, Big Brother is still a ratings winner in the major territories across the globe,” said David Goldberg, Chairman, Endemol North America. “Global has been a great partner from the beginning, when they brought the U.S. version of Big Brother to Canada 13 seasons ago. We look forward to seeing this proven format continue its home-grown success with the first-ever Canadian edition of the series,” he continued.

“All of us at Insight are so excited about Big Brother Canada,” said John Brunton, Chairman & CEO of Insight Productions and Executive Producer of Big Brother Canada. “Like Captain Kirk said - Boldly go where no man has gone before - we’ve never produced a show that shoots 24/7. Casting this program is going to be a blast.”

True to the U.S. format, Big Brother Canada will hand pick a diverse group of competitive contestants in the Big Brother house outfitted wall to wall with cameras and microphones to capture the house guests’ every move. Week to week the house guests compete in a series of challenges and vote each other out until one claims victory and takes home the grand prize. Fans of Big Brother can connect with the series outside of the 3-day-a-week broadcast through a myriad of digital extensions including live streaming and social engagement opportunities that allow online users to impact decisions in the house.

Details on casting and production will be revealed at a later date.

Upon recently renewing its simulcast deal for Big Brother U.S. Shaw Media will bring the highly anticipated 14th season of Big Brother to on Global July 12.

http://shawmediatv.ca/press/read/?1720
Saapa nähdä, että tuleeko tästä samantapainen kuin Jenkeissä vai otetaanko enemmin mallia alkuperäisestä formaatista?
Edit: Luin juuri tuon kokonaan. Eli jenkkiformaatilla mennään. Käy mulle. :tu
You´re welcome!

I am the eater of Worlds !!!

My god... Half man, half amazing!

Joni Hesselgren: Big Brotherin moraalinen voittaja kaudella 2014.

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Re: Big Brother Kanada

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 31 Touko 2012 19:15

Pöh, olihan toi arvattavissa et jenkkiformaatilla mennään, mut sääli. Pakkohan toi on tsekata kuitenkin. Onpahan ainakin uus talo. Vaikka oon kattonu vaan pari jenkkikautta ni se kämppä kyllästyttää jo totaalisesti.

janne
Verokarhu

Viesti Kirjoittaja janne » 31 Touko 2012 21:39

En nyt kyllä oikein tiedä katsonko vai enkö... Jos jenkkiformaatilla mennään niin en luultavasti katso. Riippuu myös milloin se TV:stä tulee. Jos se tulee kesälä niin en ainakaan katso, koska kesällä tulee myös Brittien ja USA:n Big Brother.

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 31 Touko 2012 23:11

^ uutisessa sanotaan että 2012/2013 kaudella näytetään, ja yleensähän toi kestää max sen kolmisen kuukautta, eli jos 2013 puolelle mennään niin aika loppuvuodesta pitää aloittaa.

Mut en sit tiedä mitä toi "2012/13 broadcast season" tarkalleen tarkoittaa, joten.. eiköhän se jossain vaiheessa selviä. Nyt tullut vasta ilmoitus moisesta sarjasta ni en usko että ainakaan kesällä tota nähdään.

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 01 Kesä 2012 18:41

Lisää tietoa:

Logo:

Kuva

Samantyyppisiä katsoja äänestyksiä kuin jenkeissä on ilmeisesti luvassa:
However, one major twist will be the audiences' participation in the actions of the houseguests. Fans will be able to digitally engage and impact the decisions in the house.

Ohjelman kuvauspaikka/talon sijainti on ilmeisesti Torontossa ja kuvaukset alkanevat jossain vaiheessa vuoden 2013 alusta, mikä tarkoittanee kevät bb:tä, näin ainakin luulisin...

Talon varsinainen sijainti, juontaja ja asukashaun yksityiskohdat selvinnevät myöhemmin...
Brunton says the company had its first pre-production meeting about the show on Thursday and are hoping to potentially start shooting early in 2013, with a location somewhere in Toronto.
Casting details, a host and a house location are expected to be announced at a later date.

Kiinnostus on ollut kovaa ohjelmaa kohtaan...
Hot on the heels of announcing the Canadian version of Big Brother coming to Slice, executive producer John Brunton says they’ve already been overwhelmed by hopeful contestants and hosts.

“What’s amazing we’ve just had the most bizarrely aggressive response since that press release went out yesterday,” said Brunton, CEO of Insight Productions.

“I think I’ve had 10 emails already from people that want to host the show, some known and others who have been in the news lately, and we’ve got hundreds of emails from people that want to be in the show,” he says.

“People have been sending photos in. Weird photos. I know Canadians are considered to be shy, but we definitely aren’t seeing that.”
Lähteet:
http://www.toronto.com/article/730782-- ... her-canada

http://www.globaltv.com/Blogal/2012/May ... ther_House!/

http://blogs.dose.ca/2012/05/31/big-bro ... bal-slice/

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/ar ... her-canada
You´re welcome!

janne
Verokarhu

Viesti Kirjoittaja janne » 01 Kesä 2012 19:28

^ Logo on... ihan ok. Kyllä vähään hienompaa olis odottanu. Se, että se on keväällä on oikeastaan hyvä asia. Keväällä ei oikeen tule Big Brotheria jota katsoisin. Tosin tämän kevään olen kuluttanut katsomalla Brittien vanhoja kausia. Mutta jenkkiformaatista en ole vieläkään innostunut. Olisin katsonut varmasti jos formaatti olisi ollut normaali tai Secret Story.

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 01 Heinä 2012 02:07

Lisää uutta tietoa Kanadan BB:stä mm. alkamisaika:
bigbrotheraccess.com kirjoitti: Big Brother Canada Casting and Launch Details

We’re oh so close to Big Brother 14 premiering that we just latch on to any good Big Brother 2012 gossip. And this one benefits our friends north of the border! As we previously reported Big Brother Canada will be making it’s english language debut in Canada in 2012/2013. We now have a few more details on the show including casting details. We’ve also got some info on where you can watch Big Brother: After Dark this year. Read on!

Beginning Thursday, July 12 faithful Canadian viewers will be able to catch all the latest action from the Big Brother (US) house 7 days a week on Shaw’s speciality channel Slice. Unfortunately, Big Brother: After Dark will air about 2 hours behind Showtime 2 – it will start at 2 am and run till 5 am. It’s unclear if it’ll be the pre-recorded version from Showtime or if it’ll actually be live. Will let you know if we find out.

And now for Big Brother Canada details! According to Shaw Media’s Advertising site casting for Big Brother Canada is expected to start this July (that’s next month!) and last until January of 2013. That gives you 7 months to perfect the perfect casting tape and make sure you make it into the Big Brother house!Beginning Thursday, July 12 faithful Canadian viewers will be able to catch all the latest action from the Big Brother (US) house 7 days a week on Shaw’s speciality channel Slice. Unfortunately, Big Brother: After Dark will air about 2 hours behind Showtime 2 – it will start at 2 am and run till 5 am. It’s unclear if it’ll be the pre-recorded version from Showtime or if it’ll actually be live. Will let you know if we find out.

And now for Big Brother Canada details! According to Shaw Media’s Advertising site casting for Big Brother Canada is expected to start this July (that’s next month!) and last until January of 2013. That gives you 7 months to perfect the perfect casting tape and make sure you make it into the Big Brother house!

Here are the actual dates thanks to the Shaw Media Advertising Site

- On Air Promotion for Casting – July 12
- Online Casting Submissions – August 10
- Cross country starts tour September 24
- House construction will start in September in Toronto and will contain and indoor/outdoor set
- Show will begin Feb 18 for 10 weeks with 3 one hour episodes per week
- Shows will include 2 pre-taped episodes and 1 live eviction episode

All of the format changes in the US version will appear in the Canadian version including Head of Household, Veto, Luxury Competitions etc;. There will also be a jury that will decide the winner of Big Brother and will be sequestered in a separate location.

What is a little bit troubling in this advertising release is that they are open to sponsorship opportunities from companies who want to sponsor the series. That includes “Casting Call Partnership, Challenge Integration, Grand Prize provider, Branded rooms and more.” Branded rooms? Is it possible instead of the Have/Have Not Room we’ll have the Swiss Chalet presents the Have/Have Not Room?

http://bigbrotheraccess.com/big-brother ... ls-352954/

http://shawmedia.ca/advertising/broadca ... /index.asp
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 26 Syys 2012 21:01

Sneak peekkiä auditioneistä: (Videot tuolla sivun linkin takana)
brianne chantal.com kirjoitti:A look inside the Big Brother Canada audition process and what you can expect!

Yesterday (on September 23rd, 2012) I had the great opportunity to audition for Big Brother Canada, in front of casting director for the USA version of the show, Robyn Kass, and other crew. I wanted to write this to share my experience and give those who are considering auditioning to be on the show some insight as to what you should expect when you show up at your audition. I can also say that the format of Big Brother Canada will be the SAME format as the USA version of Big Brother. That said, here's what you need to know...

- GO EARLY. At the audition in Vancouver they said you couldn't line up before 6 A.M. or you'd be "kicked off the property." Not true. People showed up the night before (although not many) and didn't get kicked off the property...and security told me that lots of folks starting showing up around 5 A.M... So, like I said, go early! Better to be safe than sorry. Walk around if you have to to avoid getting kicked off property if they threaten you with that, but GO EARLY. Just be prepared to have a very short day or a very long day. I, personally, was only there for approximately 6 hours and was 210th in line. It really just depends on how quickly things move.

- THE AUDITION PROCESS. When you get in line is when the game "starts". They warn you not to give any personal information to anyone you're talking to in line. You'll be given a piece of paper with a # on it. On the back of that paper you have to fill out your name, job, birthday, address/phone #...all the basics, and also fill out why you feel you'd make a good contestant on Big Brother Canada. Once they let us in the building they took us into what they called a "holding room" (complete with BB Canada crew trying to hype us up by playing really awful music, lol) in groups of 20 then split us up into groups of 4, aka Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. That's 5 people per group in front of 4 different judging panels - 2 judges per panel. They then make you introduce yourself to your "fellow houseguests" and ask you random questions. For example, "What would you do to get on Big Brother?", "Out of this group of 5, who would you vote off first and why?" Note: If you line up with a friend and expect to be in a group with your friend, don't count on it! Once inside the holding room they make you swap chairs with people.

- CALLBACKS. Maybe it will be different in different cities, but after your audition you are sent home and asked not to discuss the audition process (kind of like how I just did, LOL, but I like breaking the rules so whatevs!) and tell you that callbacks are from "Now until 9 P.M. tonight." (Times may vary, of course.) You get called back the same day as your audition and return the next day (or next two days, as in the case of Vancouver they split the callback days into 2 days - September 24th & 25th) for an ON-CAMERA audition/interview.

...and then you're left waiting to see if you've made it on the show.

There's still a lot more that I can't say (as I got some very good news pertaining to something relating to auditions...but that's all I can say right now) but that's basically all you need to know at this time! Just remember to HAVE fun but BE YOU! :) From what I could tell, so far, it has been the "normal" folk who've gotten callbacks. Not the crazy, outlandish, over the top ones. It did make for some amusement though.

http://www.briannechantal.com/2012/09/a ... anada.html
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 18 Marras 2012 01:25

Kanadan BB:n talon "house-under-construction" -video:

Aika iso ja avara vaikuttaa tulevan, toki esim. osa noista rakenteilla olevista käytävistä on luultavammin kamerakäytäviä. Mutta muuten näyttää olevan aika paljon erilainen kuin Jenkkien talo, mikä on erittäin hyvä juttu. Se kun on ollut lähes täysin sama jo yli 7 vuotta ja akapiaisi muutosta.

Aika ihme juttu, että piha on täysin keinotekoinen ja sisällä, en tiedä onko kovin hyvä juttu tuo. Luulisi aika monella pälli hajoavan tuohon.

Joka tapauksessa hyvältä vaikuttaa... :thumbsup

Edit: Muokkasin itse samaan aikaan. En tosin ollut reloadannut ja hokasin, että linkki oli päin peetä, joten menin sitten muokkaamaan, enkä hoksannut että se oli jo ehditty muokata.
Viimeksi muokannut calderyon, 18 Marras 2012 01:38. Yhteensä muokattu 4 kertaa.
Syy: Videon linkki muokattu näkyväksi.
You´re welcome!

paranvoi
Peitonheiluttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja paranvoi » 21 Marras 2012 05:14

calderyon kirjoitti:Aika ihme juttu, että piha on täysin keinotekoinen ja sisällä, en tiedä onko kovin hyvä juttu tuo. Luulisi aika monella pälli hajoavan tuohon.
No tossa videossa kyllä kerrotaan että talossa tulee olemaan ton keinotekosen pihan lisäksi myös oikeakin ulkoalue (näin lukee myös World of Big Brother -foorumilla), joskin asukkaat viettävät suurimman osan ajasta sisätiloissa. Ja onneksi pihalle asennetaan noi yön ja päivän simuloivat valot ettei asukkaiden sisäiset kellot mene täysin paskaksi, mutta oishan se tietysti ollut parempaa että asukkaat saavat hengittää oikeaa raikasta ilmaa ja olla oikeassa auringonvalossa yms yms, mutta minkäs tekee.

En ole muuten ikinä seurannut yhtään jenkki-formaattia noudattavaa Big Brotheria, mutta haluaisin seurata tätä Kanadan BB:tä :3 toivottavasti en tule pettymään. Minusta on vaan niin ärsyttävää että katsojat eivät saa päättää ketkä asukkaat häädetään vaan asukkaat itse päättää :/

(toi Kanadan murre kuulostaa muuten niin hassulta :bidmouth: )
Ylivoimainen suosikki: BBAU9 Estelle

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 21 Marras 2012 06:38

paranvoi kirjoitti:
calderyon kirjoitti:Aika ihme juttu, että piha on täysin keinotekoinen ja sisällä, en tiedä onko kovin hyvä juttu tuo. Luulisi aika monella pälli hajoavan tuohon.
No tossa videossa kyllä kerrotaan että talossa tulee olemaan ton keinotekosen pihan lisäksi myös oikeakin ulkoalue (näin lukee myös World of Big Brother -foorumilla), joskin asukkaat viettävät suurimman osan ajasta sisätiloissa.
Joo, tiesin kyllä tuon, että on myös ns. tehtäväalue backyard, jossa käyvät tekemässä nuo jenkeistä tutut haasteet. Eli HoH:t, Vetot, Food --compit (nyk. Have, Have-not), Luxury -compit jne.

Mutta erona jenkkeihin on se, että Jenkeillä on ulkoilmapiha käytössä n. 20/6 (voivat tehdä kaikenlaista ulkoilmassa tapahtuvaa toimintaa, auringon ottoa, pelien pelailua, uimista jne.), kun taas kanukeilla se ei ole kuin pelkkiä viikottaisia haasteita varten eli max. muutama tunti per haaste + endurancet.

Kanukeissa on tosin tuo, että tuo että kausi kuvataan helmikuusta lähtien, jolloin on talvi ja kylmä, jenkeissä kun kausi on siinä keskikesä/alkusyksy akselilla, jolloin ulkona on pääosin lämmintä. Joten tietyllä lailla ymmärrettävää.
You´re welcome!

FankiKitsune
Big Brother

Viesti Kirjoittaja FankiKitsune » 21 Marras 2012 17:28

^ Osittain ymmärrettävää joo, mut ite ainakin kaipaisin sitä raitista ulkoilmaa. Oishan se masentavaa, jos tietää että on talvi, mutta ei yhtään näytä siltä.
That damn fox!

Kuva

paranvoi
Peitonheiluttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja paranvoi » 17 Joulu 2012 18:08

Pari videota casting-prosessista:

Länsirannikko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmyV8fZUKWY

Itärannikko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pk0-30ep0M

Reilulaksatiivi
VIP-vieras

Viesti Kirjoittaja Reilulaksatiivi » 17 Tammi 2013 22:52

Jääkiekko uutisia lukiessa Canadalaisista verkkojulkaisuista näin pienen viihd euutislistauksen headlines muodossa ilman muuta tekstiä jossa mainittiin Canadan BB.n tarjoavan ilmaisen 24/7 live feedin ohjelmasta helmikuun lopusta lähtien.
Onko muilla mahdollisesti tietoa tästä ja tarkoittaako mahdollinen ilmainen feedi vain kaapelitv katsojia vai onko kyseessä ilmainen netti feedi jota voi seurata kuka tahansa riippumatta missä maassa on.

EDIT: http://canada.bigbrothernetwork.com/ Puhutaan kanadalaisten fanien mahdollisuudesta katsoa 24/7 ilmaiseksi ja näytti myös siltä että kyseessä on määräaikainen kokeilujakso (free trial,bblive feed)

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 18 Tammi 2013 18:14

Virallinen uutinen asiasta:
shawmediatv.ca kirjoitti:Wednesday January 16, 2013
BIG BROTHER CANADA GIVES FANS THE BIGGEST MULTIPLATFORM ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE

Robust Interactive Website Offers 24 Hour Live Feed, Prizes and Power to Biggest Fans

Bigbrothercanada.ca to Stream More Content
Than Any Other Entertainment Series in Canada

TORONTO, January 16, 2013 – This February Big Brother Canada is taking over, both on air and online. Shaw Media and Insight Productions have teamed up with Emmy® Award-winning interactive agency Secret Location to develop a robust digital platform that will be wholly integrated into the production of the highly-anticipated series. The extensive and interactive digital experience will offer fans the unprecedented opportunity to influence and impact what transpires week-to-week on screen. Canadian fans have the chance to: eavesdrop on the houseguests 24 hours a day, vote on twists and turns, engage with the houseguests and play the Big Brother Canada Power Play game for points, prizes and power. Big Brother Canada and all digital components launch February 27th on SliceTMand at Bigbrothercanada.ca Big Brother Canada is the first Canadian installment of Endemol’s worldwide hit franchise.

“Social engagement is a huge part of Big Brother’s appeal for fans and we’ve created a completely integrated online experience that will resonate with audiences,” said Barbara Williams, SVP of Content for Shaw Media. “We’ve developed a platform that gives our audience countless opportunities to engage and make decisions that will impact the series in real time and in fact, there may even be moments throughout the series that fans could have more power over the happenings in the house than the houseguests themselves!”

The robust website will empower fans to continually shock the houseguests and influence the course of the show. Big Brother Canada promises Canadians the opportunity to vote for major decisions throughout the season. What if Canadians are given the chance to determine houseguests’ rewards and punishments? Imagine they have the opportunity to influence the food in the house? And who will fans choose if given the power to save a life or the final say in an eviction? Canadians will have their say, but as to how much will be revealed as the series unfolds.

The site’s Big Brother Canada Power Play prediction game is the ultimate opportunity for the uber-fan. Power Play will give Canadians the best interactive platform to play along while watching the show. Each week fans will be asked to lock in their predictions for who will win Head of Household and the Power of Veto competitions, who will be put up on the block and ultimately who will be evicted. The more each fan participates in the game, the more points they accumulate, and the more potential they have to win prizes and power to shape what’s happening on air.

"We are excited to offer a broad multiplatform experience that offers live feeds, blogs, video exclusives, a play at home game and extensive social engagement," said John Brunton, Executive Producer, Insight Productions. "This is the largest, most comprehensive, digital undertaking our company has ever done."

"Through an incredibly close collaboration with Shaw Media and Insight Productions - working in real time as part of production - we now have the unique ability to let fans make decisions that will actually affect the characters and action in the TV series in ways we’ve never executed before,” said James Milward, Founder of Secret Location.

For those who just can’t get enough of the goings on inside the Big Brother Canada house Bigbrothercanada.ca will offer a free 24 hour live feed available for streaming daily following the series premiere on February 27th. Other video exclusives will include houseguests’ answers to questions submitted by fans through Facebook and Twitter, behind the scenes footage you won’t see on air and interviews with favourite previous Big Brother US houseguests. Bigbrothercanada.ca will stream more content than any other entertainment series in the country. Bigbrothercanada.ca and the Big Brother Canada game are accessible on all devices including tablets and smartphones.

The first Canadian installment of the international sensation, Big Brother Canada premieres on February 27th at 9pm ET/PT onSliceTM. Big Brother Canada will air three nights a week, on Wednesdays at 9pm ET/PT,Thursdays at 10pm ET/PT and Sundays at 9pm ET/PT, with live eviction episodes on Thursdays. Big Brother Canada After Dark will kick off on February 27th and air seven days a week from2am-5am ET/ 11pm-2am PT.

The Bigbrothercanada.ca website is funded in part by The Bell Broadcast and New Media Fund.

http://shawmediatv.ca/press/read/?1878
Jos yhtään luulen oikein ja jos mennään samalla tavalla kuin Jenkeissä nykyään, niin tuo live tulee olemaan saatavilla vain Kanadalaisille.
Muut luultavammin joutuvat turvautumaan, "muihin keinoihin".

Viralliset sivut:
http://www.slice.ca/shows/bigbrothercanada/default.aspx
You´re welcome!

FankiKitsune
Big Brother

Viesti Kirjoittaja FankiKitsune » 18 Tammi 2013 19:08

Mahtavaa, että tääkin alkaa piakoin. Toi CBB ku tosta kohta loppuu nii sit saaki koukkuuntua tähän ja siitä ei sit kauheen kauaa menekää ku USA alkaa [smilie=a_cool.gif] Pitää pitää sormia ristissä, jotta se netti 24/7 näkyis kaikille, eikä vaa kanadalaisille. Mut jos näkee vaa episodet, nii ei sekään haittaa yhtikäs mitään.
That damn fox!

Kuva

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 22 Tammi 2013 06:37

Kanadan BB:n juontaja on paljastettu...
shawmediatv.ca kirjoitti:CANADIAN TELEVISION PERSONALITY ARISA COX TO HOST INAUGURAL SEASON OF BIG BROTHER CANADA

Series Premieres February 27th at 9pm ET/PT Only on SliceTM

National Free Preview Takes SliceTM into over 10 Million Homes
in Time For Launch

TORONTO, January 21, 2013 – Big news Big Brother Canada fans! Today Shaw Media and Insight Productions announced that Canadian television personality Arisa Cox (CBCNN, E! News Weekend, The Lofters) is taking on the coveted role of Host of Big Brother Canada. On February 27th at 9pm ET/PT Arisa will introduce viewers to the first ever batch of Canadian houseguests and week-to-week will eavesdrop on the house and navigate the houseguests through surprise twists and unexpected turns. Canadians won’t miss a moment of this winter’s hottest series with SliceTM available on free preview in nearly 10 million homes across the country just in time for launch.

“We’re thrilled to have Arisa Cox join Big Brother Canada. As host she has the unique experience of playing the role of amateur psychologist, puppet master and confidante to the houseguests and with her magnetic personality and extensive background she’s the perfect fit,” said Barbara Williams, Senior Vice President of Content, Shaw Media.”

Whether interviewing A-list celebrities as co-host of E! News Weekend, walking the runway at Toronto Fashion Week, or writing fashion commentary for the National Post, Arisa can tackle any situation. Her diverse background as an entertainment host, pop culture commentator, journalist, actor and writer provide her with the ability to ask the tough questions – those that everyone watching at home will be eager to know. Early in her career, she appeared on the first season of the Canadian reality series, The Lofters. Having lived on camera for a full year, Arisa can relate to the houseguest experience - having your every move caught on camera and witnessed by a national audience.

"Arisa knows first-hand what our group of houseguests will be going through" said John Brunton, Executive Producer. "Her experience and insight into this unique situation will allow her to get into the minds of the houseguests and ask the questions that the viewers want to hear. She will be the perfect bridge between the houseguests and the viewing audience at home. We are thrilled to have Arisa take the reins of Big Brother Canada, the show could not be in better hands.”

“I am ecstatic to be on board to host Big Brother Canada. As a huge fan of reality television, and someone who has experienced living in a house full of cameras capturing my every move, I’m looking forward to meeting our Canadian houseguests to see how they play without getting played!” said Arisa Cox, Host of Big Brother Canada.

Big Brother Canada, the first Canadian installment of Endemol’s worldwide hit franchise, premieres on February 27th and will air three nights a week on Wednesdays at 9pm ET/PT, Thursdays at 10pm ET/PT and Sundays at 9pm ET/PT, with live eviction episodes on Thursdays. Big Brother Canada After Dark will kick off on February 27th and air seven days a week from 2am-5am ET/ 11pm-2am PT.

Information on the Big Brother Canada house and houseguests will be announced at a later date. For more information on Arisa Cox and Big Brother Canada news, videos and photos visit http://www.bigbrothercanada.ca.

http://shawmediatv.ca/press/read/?1880
Kuka hän on?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arisa_Cox

http://www.arisacox.com/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0993498/
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 21 Helmi 2013 06:21

Big Brother Kanadan asukkaat on paljastettu...
http://blogs.slice.ca kirjoitti:Meet The Big Brother Canada Houseguests!

After months of searching (did you see our West Coast and East Coast audition videos?) and more than a year of planning, we’re thrilled to finally introduce you to our Big Brother Canada houseguests! These 15 lucky Canadians will live together, eat together, play together — and ultimately, battle it out for the grand prize. Any early favourites? Catch all the action starting Wednesday February 27th at 9pm.

Name: Jillian MacLaughlin
Hometown: New Glasgow, NS
Three adjectives that describe you: Hyper, easygoing and driven

Why did you want to be on Big Brother Canada?

My friends and family. I just got out of a long-term relationship a year ago and when we heard about Big Brother Canada they told me I had to do it to shake up my life.

Do you have a strategy going into the house?

My strategy is to have no strategy at all! With a diverse group of people the dynamic is going to be completely different depending on who they are, so I’m just going to go in and try and make friends and plan as I go.

Do you think the physical or mental challenges will be more difficult for you?

The mental challenges will be tough for sure. I am the most unobservant person in the world so I’m going to have to try hard to remember every little detail.

Will you hide anything about yourself from the other houseguests?

No – I’m not a genius or a doctor. I’m pretty average, so I don’t think I will be that intimidating for the other houseguests.

Describe your perfect day.

Wake up, have a nice cup of coffee, do some yoga, go to work , go out for supper with some girls and then head to a friend’s house for some drinks and play games all night. This would all be in the summer too of course!

What’s your biggest pet peeve?

When people mock me for being healthy. I hate it when they try and make me feel bad for working out or choosing the healthy option on a menu.

Kuva
Name: Thomas Plant
Hometown: Edmonton, AB (originally from Calgary, AB)
Three adjectives that describe you: Adaptable, competitive and charming

It’s a favourite show of mine and I couldn’t miss the chance to win the $100,000 prize!

No I don’t – I’m just going to totally wing it.

I’m going to hide the fact that I’m a firefighter. I think people might see that as a threat for physical challenges.

I think the mental challenges will be more difficult, especially if they are puzzle related. I have a hard time focusing and I get distracted easily. The physical stuff you just have to endure. I’ve worked long hours before – 18 or 24 hour shifts as a firefighter – so I feel like I’m prepared for endurance challenges.

Chilling in a remote area on a beach somewhere, with a beer in my hand and a reggae band playing live music. There’d also be a really good looking girl there, of course.

People who put their kids on a leash. It pisses me off that they can’t hold their kid’s hand or take care of them. I’ll always speak up too.

Kuva
Name: Peter Brown
Hometown: Surrey, BC (originally from Millville, NB)
Three adjectives that describe you: Mean, funny, and intelligent

I’ve watched every season of the American show and some seasons of the British show and I’ve always wanted to play. As soon as it was announced that it was coming to Canada I had a lot of people telling me I should try out.

Do you have a strategy going into the show?

My strategy is to be nice to people – it’s the most duplicitous thing I can do. In real life I’m nice to the people I like, but to me these people aren’t people, they are characters to be overcome in my narrative to the end.

I’m going to be as forthcoming as possible. In a game where everyone is lying all of the time, the trickiest thing you can do is just be up front. Then again, I also plan to be nice, so I’m not necessarily going to be honest as much as make people believe I’m being honest.

I think it will depend on what type of challenge it is – all challenges can be tricky depending on what they are. I don’t foresee the day-to-day minutiae of the game being something I have a hard time with.

I would probably go to a multimillion dollar theme park because it is the ultimate manufactured experience.

People moving slowly. Walking on the street or an escalator, basically just slow people in general.

Kuva
Name: Talla Rejaei
Hometown: Edmonton, AB
Occupation: Independent Living Support Worker and Social Work student
Three adjectives that describe you: Boisterous, genuine and hilarious

Why did you want to be in Big Brother Canada?

I have always said if the show ever came to Canada I would audition, and here I am. My mom helped me make the video – she sat through 50 takes – so she was encouraging me to do it as well. She always said that we came to Canada to have every good opportunity available and this is a big one!

I’ve learned that going into the house with a strategy doesn’t usually work out the way you planned. What I would like to do is keep a low profile since I’m loud and it stands out.

I don’t want to go into detail about my personal life. I’m loud and outgoing but I don’t want people to know everything about me so I will keep details about my real life vague.

I’m not worried about the physical challenges – I see a personal trainer and even though I’m little I’m going to do my very best. I’ll push myself as far as I can go – that is just the way I am. The mental part will be so much harder since you never know who you can put your trust in.

Wake up, and have oatmeal and milk for breakfast. Then I’d have a session with my personal trainer, and spend the rest of the day on my couch having quiet time and watching TV.

I hate when people burp without saying excuse me, and when people cough without covering their mouths. If I see people do that in the house I will call them out.

Kuva
Name: Suzette Amaya
Hometown: East Vancouver, BC
Occupation: Support Worker, Radio Producer and Host, Motivational Speaker.
Three adjectives that describe you: Outgoing, thoughtful and funny

I’m an uber fan! I’m a support worker helping with women and children dealing with addictions, mental health issues, fleeing abuse or living in poverty, and watched each season with them when I was working in a shelter. It was a chance for the women to get out of their own reality and enjoy watching something else, and I got addicted! I’m also excited to represent as an aboriginal person, a plus size woman and a mom on the show – it’s a dream come true!

Do you have a strategy going into the show?

I think the skills I’ve attained through my education and overcoming adversity will be a big help. I also plan to do some manipulating, some stroking of egos, riding some coattails and floating my way to the top. I’ll be the ultimate floater!

My career experience – people won’t know I do support work and counselling and that my education is in criminology and anthropology. I don’t want people to feel that I’m a threat because of my life and professional experience. I just want them to think I’m a mom of three and a wife.

The physical challenges will be the hardest part. I’m on the curvier side and have had three kids – my daughter is only one – so I’m still not in the greatest physical shape. I’m going to have fun out there though!

Being home with my family, enjoying some chai tea and TV, and going on a family outing and then going out at night to party with my girlfriends. I’m a true Gemini – I’m the Suzy Homemaker during the day and the wild puma at night!

People who are judgmental and ignorant. I’m not fond of people who complain a lot. I also can’t stand being around people who judge others on their appearance.

Kuva
Name: Danielle Alexander
Hometown: Calgary, AB (originally from Fort McMurray, AB)
Three adjectives that describe you: Fun, opinionated, and outgoing

This is a good opportunity to further my acting career. This is fun! I need more excitement in my life. Fort McMurray is a small town. Everyone knows me and my family – we’re loud social butterflies about town. It’s time to get ME out in the world.

I’m planning to form an alliance with people I naturally click with, but then I won’t hang out with them. I don’t want to put our connection on display for everyone to judge and feel threatened by. I also won’t hate anyone openly (just in the Diary Room), but I’m sure that people will get on my nerves. I’m not afraid to lie or confront anyone. I’m not a bi*@h, but I can be one if I need to.

I’ll hide that I’m not poor. I don’t want people not to like me because I grew up getting everything I wanted – trips, hobbies, clothes, etc. I’ll just lie and tell people that I had a little less than average – but I don’t want them to think that I’m poor either. That’s just not me – I don’t know how to act poor.

Mental will be hard for me. I’m a very competitive person. I competed in gymnastics for 10 years so I’m confident that I’ll do really well in the physical challenges.

Describe your perfect day?

I’d eat breakfast – I love breakfast!. Then I’d spend my day lying on the beach, I’d go shopping – incorporate my dream job into the day somehow – and be with my friends.

I hate dirty people. I’m super clean – like, seriously clean. I have to clean every day. The Big Brother Canada house will be immaculate as long as I’m in it. I’ll freak out if there’s a dirty houseguest. I’ll probably yell at them, and then clean their mess.

Kuva
Name: Aneal Joshua Ramkissoon
Hometown: Richmond Hill, ON
Three adjectives that describe you? Outgoing, stubborn, and fun

I use the show a lot in my research at school for different theories and concepts. I focus on inter-cultural communication and the art of rhetoric and those are two big parts of Big Brother Canada. I hope to develop my experience into an undergraduate thesis.

I’m definitely going to be a strategic player but I don’t want anyone to know that I am. I’m going to try and come across very young and naïve, and like I’ve never been away from home – those are the type of players that people don’t view as a threat.

My education, the fact that I’m on a scholarship, my age, and that I’ve studied the show and used that research in my schoolwork. I want to minimize myself as a threat.

The physical challenges will be more difficult because I know that there will be guys and girls who will be very fit. The show is not completely physical though – I think it is more mental, so that gives me a competitive edge.

Sleeping in, catching up on TV shows I had missed, and meeting friends for dinner and drinks, and then heading out for a night on the town.

Loud people that seek attention in a group. I think there are definitely going to be people like that in the house and that will annoy me. I also hate wet towels on beds.

Kuva
Name: Emerald “Topaz” Brady
Hometown: Scarborough, ON
Three adjectives that describe you: Fun, crazy and wild, smart and interesting – I could keep going!

I’m a huge fan of the show. I watched the first season of the American version and most of them from that point forward so I have always wondered how I would do if I was actually on it.

My strategy is to go in, assess the other houseguests and take it from there. I don’t know exactly how I should act – should I go in and be super kind to everybody or be a complete bi*@h?

I don’t think I’m a big threat – I’m not a brain surgeon and I’m not a body builder or extremely physically fit so I don’t think there’s anything that would make anyone too afraid.

I think the physical challenges would be the most difficult for me. I’m pretty athletic but there may be super buff strong guys who are in the gym all the time and I wouldn’t stack up against that.

I would sleep in. I would want to do something productive as I love the feeling of getting things done. Then I’d spend the rest of the day with friends and family somewhere warm!

Messy people! I’m not a complete neat freak but I hate messy dishes piling up or dirty clothes on the floor.

Kuva
Name: Liza Stinton
Hometown: Toronto, ON
Three adjectives that describe you: Fabulous, confident, and sexy – I could go on and I will. Awesome, amazing, loyal and supportive. I would say that I’m perfect but I know you need humility to be perfect – humility is one thing I don’t have.

I’m definitely a fan but really, timing is everything. My dad died last year so now I just don’t care. There’s no need to mask who I am anymore. Also, I’ve never been better looking – seriously.

My short term plan is not to get evicted in the first week. After that, it’s game on. It’ll be all about living in the now and taking every moment as it comes. My strategy is to shut up and listen more than I talk – but that in itself will be my very own minute-to-minute challenge.

I’m absolutely going to hide the fact that I’m an entrepreneur and business owner. I’m going to play the lowly tanning salon employee role. My age might make that unbelievable but I’ll just say that I’ve been promoted to senior employee status.

Do you think that the physical or mental challenges will be more difficult for you?

The physical. I’m thin-ish, fit-ish, and sure, I’m stronger than I look but I have poor endurance. Mentally, I’m unbreakable. I had a good mom and dad growing up. They gave me a solid base. I’ve never met a more confident, secure, or grounded individual than myself.

After a big breakfast, I’d go chill on the beach. At night, I’d have a fancy dinner with wine and lots of cheese at the Ritz. Later, a live show of some kind, and I’d cap the day off with sex.

I can’t stand it when people speak with grammatical errors. “I seen” is one of the worst – ugh!

Kuva
Name: Anuj ‘AJ’ Burman
Hometown: Scarborough, ON
Three adjectives that describe you: Positive, active and funny

I love the show and have been watching the American version for many years. Oh, and I’m going to win.

My plan is to get to know the other houseguests on a personal level. Be friends with them and try not to annoy them. I’m a talker. I’ve been told I talk too much. My voice sounds too good to keep under wraps. I like to refer to myself as an underdeveloped listener.

I might tell people I’m younger than I actually am. Twenty-eight feels like a good number to me. Truth is, I’ve lost a lot of weight recently and I’ve actually started to feel myself getting younger.

Do you think that the physical or mental challenges will be more difficult for you?

The physical challenges will be harder for me although I may surprise myself since I’ve been more active lately. I’m also really good at memory challenges – I know almost every line from Saved by the Bell. I’m a Zach now but I’m naturally a Screech, with AC Slater’s hair. These days, I get to be with the Kellys out there.

I’d definitely be in Vegas at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. I’d watch football during the day and hit the clubs at night. Maybe I’d even get married for fun – wouldn’t be the first time – sort of.

Ignorant and racist people. If someone is ignorant in the house, I’ll rally people to get them evicted. There is no place for them in the house or anywhere for that matter.

Kuva
Name: Emmett Blois
Hometown: Gore, Hants County, NS
Three adjectives that describe you: Outgoing, adventure-seeker and social

My older brother told me I had to do it. I didn’t really watch the American version much until I auditioned. When I found out that I got in, I was so excited to tell my brother!

This is going to be tough,. I’m a competitive person but I’ve never thrown a competition. I don’t think I’ll be able to get out of doing that in the house. I’ll probably flirt a little. I’m really good at that, and I like the ladies who play hard to get. If you don’t get turned down the first time you try, you’re not having fun.

No, there’s nothing intimidating about me. I had a basic upbringing and I’ll definitely tell them that I’m a dairy farmer. Dairy farmers are the most trustworthy people.

The mental challenges will be tough. I’m looking forward to the physical ones. I will lie for $100,000. I’d do a lot of things for $100,000. I’d get into the ring with Mike Tyson with my arms tied behind my back for $100,000!

Training with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

People who don’t put away their dishes – especially the ones that are clean and dry in the rack. But I’ll suck it up for $100,000.

Kuva
Name: Kat Yee
Three adjectives that describe you: Nutty, silly, and honest

I’m a roll with the punches person. My gut told me to do it, so here I am. My gut is my best friend. Tells me where to go, who to sleep with, and what to stand up for.

I’m going to lay low and keep the target off my back. I’ll downplay my physical ability until the people that I see as threats are out of the house. I’ll also try to be a fly on the wall whenever I can.

I’m going to hide my athleticism. They’ll see that I’m fit and I’ll try to work out in the house but I’ll tell them that I work out because I love to eat – which is very true.

The mental challenges will be the hardest for sure. I’d compete physically hard even if it meant blowing out my knee. I’m not a bullsh*tter so it’ll be difficult for me to get bogged down in dirty details. I say what’s on my mind.

I’d wake up naturally at a decent hour – like 10am, and then skate to the beach with friends. I’d chill, play volleyball, drink, and grab a big meal on my way home. At night, I’d sit back and watch movies until I fell asleep. My perfect day will always be my perfect day no matter how much money I have.

Nose whistlers! You know those guys on the plane – drives me crazy. Open mouth gum chewers are also terrible. Self-centered people also piss me off.

Kuva
Name: Andrew Monaghan
Hometown: Halifax, NS (originally from Corner Brook, NL)
Three adjectives that describe you: Funny, outgoing and honest

I’m a fan of the show. I’ve watched the American version and while I was living in Germany, I watched the German version too. I’d have been a fool not to have tried out for this show because I love it so much.

My strategy is not to have a strategy. I don’t know these people so having a strategy before going into the house is only setting myself up to fail. What if I meet the woman of my dreams in there? Then I want her, not the money! I’m just going to be myself and play a good social game.

I will not show them my privates – I’m a respectable man. Aside from that, I’m also thinking about hiding my age. I don’t want to turn a lady off by telling her my age. Thirty-eight doesn’t sound as good as thirty-four.

Hate to say it, but the mental challenges will be harder for me because even though I won’t admit that I’m getting older, the ol’ memory is getting shaky. Physically I’m golden though, I shouldn’t have any problems with the physical challenges.

I lost my dad a few years back so I’d love nothing more than to play golf with him and my brothers again. We’d drink some jars* (East Coast reference for alcoholic beverages), shoot a few straight lines and have a BBQ with friends and family.

I don’t care for people who aren’t smart but tell everyone that they are. Or, people who use words out of context or just the wrong word all together. I have a hard time not correcting those people.

Kuva
Name: Alec Beall
Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Three adjectives that describe you: Complicated, balanced and confident

I’ve always liked the show and really got into it once I saw Dr. Will on the American version. Dr. Will is my role model – this guy’s dope. Watching him compete so masterfully in season two inspired me to pursue a career in social psychology. I love getting into people’s minds – this is where I should be.

I don’t want to be perceived as a threat – I want to fly under the radar – but that’s just not me. So, who knows? I want to find one person that I’ll be entirely loyal to, probably one of the dumb people in the house because they’re more bound by loyalty and honour – creative and intelligent people can’t be trusted.

Nothing. I won’t have as much fun if I’m hiding anything.

Neither will be difficult for me. I’ve watched the show and there really isn’t a challenge I’ve seen that I wouldn’t excel at.

I’d go to the gym and then head to school to meet with my profs. We would have had a manuscript published so we’d be celebrating. We’d talk about research and then I’d play poker with some grad students and faculty. I’d win, so with $90 in my pocket, I’d call up a few buddies, we’d play Halo at my house and drink. Then we’d call on a few ladies and head to the bar for a night of drinking. Then I’d go home to sleep – the ladies can come, too.

Snoring – get a nasal strip, man. There’s no excuse. Seriously, I will turn on people if they snore.

Kuva
Name: Gary Levy
Three adjectives that describe you: Funky, outgoing, fabulous!

I live my life like I’m on camera – I’m always dressed up and looking good, so I thought what better way to have the attention on me 24 hours a day than to be on Big Brother Canada?

My strategy is to be really social and friendly to everyone. When you’re social you get information from everyone and then I will decide how to use the information that I get.

In the beginning I’m going to try and hide that I’m actually athletic. I want to make them think I’m really weak in that way at first and then later start winning and shock everyone.

I don’t think the physical challenges will be hard for me. I’m really athletic under all the fabulousness, so I can hold my own. Mental challenges – like scholarly type challenges – might be a bit tougher.

I’d wake up at noon, call a bunch of my girls and go shopping, go to the spa, and then meet up for some pre-drinks. Then we’d go to a show, like an art show or a fashion show, and then hit up a bar and party all night!

I don’t like it when people are fake – like someone who will say something to you and then go two feet away and talk behind your back.

http://blogs.slice.ca/meet-the-big-brot ... useguests/

---
Näiden perusteella Pete, Kat, Alec, Danielle, Talla ja Aneal vaikuttaisivat ihan potentiaalisilta suosikeilta. Kun taas Suzette, Gary, Thomas ja Jillian eivät ainakaan näiden esittelyjen perusteella oikein vakuuta minua.
You´re welcome!

paranvoi
Peitonheiluttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja paranvoi » 21 Helmi 2013 22:42

Argh, ihan typerää että asukkaat paljastettiin jo viikko ennen BB:n alkamista! Parasta on kun ne paljastetaan yksitellen kick-offin aikana. -_- No jaa, tehty mikä tehty.

En jaksa lukea noita esittelyjä mutta se miun pitää kyllä sanoa, että ei helvetti tuo Gary. :-----D

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 23 Helmi 2013 11:31

Big Brother Kanada house tour:

You´re welcome!

FankiKitsune
Big Brother

Viesti Kirjoittaja FankiKitsune » 23 Helmi 2013 15:41

Ihan hienoltahan toi näyttää, tuli vaan kovasti mieleen, et kuinkahan paljon on otettu vaikutteita briteistä? Ainakin makkari ja kapea uima-allas toi auttamattomasti mieleen britit... pihakuntosali taas toi mieleen aussit. Mut ihan kivahan toi on ja ootan jo tota kautta innolla!
That damn fox!

Kuva

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 27 Helmi 2013 23:05

Live TV linkki Kanadan BB:tä varten:

http://www.bigbrotherarchive.com/wp/tv-live-stream/

Ilmeisesti käyttäjän mukaan noilta sivuilta näkee myös jonkinlaisen livefeedin talosta.

Alkaa klo 9.00 PM Kanadan aikaa eli klo 4:00 Suomen aikaa.

http://www.slice.ca/OnTV/schedule.aspx
You´re welcome!

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Big Brother USA & Kanada”