Big Brother Australia 2012 - Uutisia

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Big Brother Australia 2012 - Uutisia

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 09 Syys 2011 23:15

tvtonight.com.au kirjoitti:Big Brother: Secrets to air on Nine in 2012

Big Brother is finally set to return to Australian television in 2012 -on Channel Nine.

The Herald Sun reports the show will return as Big Brother: Secrets, where every housemate has a secret.

In April TV Tonight suggested the show could be revived on a digital channel by tweaking the show around the French version: Secret Story. In that series housemates are compelled to interact with one another to try and discover each other’s secret and win cash prizes. The format encourages housemates not to fly under the radar.

TEN is believed to have to bid on the new series, but Nine is said to have signed the deal today.

“I understand we are doing it,” a Nine source told the newspaper.

But Nine is also determined to let viewers know it won’t be the same old Big Brother, and will likely be produced on a slimmer budget.

There is no word yet on the host.

The show last aired in Australia in 2008 but fans have always longed for its return.

Update: I have now confirmed the story, with sources, but it’s “early days” on all the details…

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/09/big ... -2012.html
You´re welcome!

I am the eater of Worlds !!!

My god... Half man, half amazing!

Joni Hesselgren: Big Brotherin moraalinen voittaja kaudella 2014.

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Re: Big Brother Australia 2012 tulossa ?

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 09 Syys 2011 23:24

Toinen uutinen...
Herald Sun kirjoitti:Big Brother returning to Australian television in 2012

CONTROVERSIAL reality series Big Brother is set for a relaunch.

A 2012 version of the one-time ratings smash hit is destined for Channel Nine, the Herald Sun reported.

Rival Channel Ten sought to bid on the reborn series, titled Big Brother: Secrets, but it is understood Nine signed the deal today.

"I understand we are doing it,” a Nine source confirmed.

Nine is certain to produce the show on a smaller scale than in the past.

It is believed that Nine is also determined to let viewers know it won’t be the same old Big Brother, which slipped into ratings decline in its eighth and final season on Ten.

The new show will be marketed as Big Brother: Secrets ... every housemate has a secret."

There is no word yet on the host of the re-booted Big Brother. Gretel Killeen hosted the first seven series of the show on Ten. Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O hosted Ten’s final series before it was cancelled in 2008.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/big- ... 6133571851
Herald Sun kirjoitti:Big Brother to return with a difference

REALITY TV cornerstone Big Brother is set for a comeback.

A 2012 version of the one-time ratings smash hit is destined for Channel 9.

The new series will be called Big Brother: Secrets.

Channel 10 screened the original Big Brother.

"I understand we are doing it," a Nine source confirmed yesterday.

It is believed the network will give the show equal treatment to recent mega-hit The Block.

Nine could put Big Brother: Secrets into a 7pm time slot five or six nights per week.

Nine wants to produce the show on a smaller scale than in the past.

The original show cost Ten $20 million to produce.

It is believed Nine is determined to let viewers know it won't be the same old Big Brother, which slipped into ratings decline in its eighth and final season on Ten.

Nine would have to make the show far less raunchy than the original if it is to screen at 7pm.

Ten's Big Brother was plagued by scandal including a notorious turkey slap incident in July 2006 when two male housemates were removed from the house for allegedly sexually assaulting a female housemate.

Ten screened controversial uncut and adults only versions of the show.

The thrust of the new show would be housemates' secrets. Germany and Holland are currently screening versions of Secrets where contestants have revealed everything from prison records to sex changes.

A celebrity version began in the UK last month.

There is no word yet on the new host.

Gretel Killeen hosted the first seven series of the show on Ten. Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O hosted Ten's final series before it was cancelled in 2008.

In April this year, rumours of a Big Brother return surfaced after a Facebook post by talent scout agency A Cast of Thousands.

Nine denied interest, but production house Southern Star left the door open for a return of the show that led to fame for Blair McDonough, Chrissie Swan and Sara-Marie Fedele.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/big-br ... 6133443669
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Re: Big Brother Australia 2012 tulossa?

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 15 Marras 2011 15:18

news.com.au kirjoitti:Hamish Blake and Andy Lee set to run the Big Brother TV house

Kuva

Well and truly plastered ... Hamish Blake and Andy Lee alongside their billboards in New York's Times Square.

WITH Fifi Box and Jules Lund ensconsed as the national 2DayFM drive show hosts next year it will be up to Hamish Blake and Andy Lee to consolidate the TV career they left top-rating radio for.

Latest word is they're firming to take over the Nine Network's back-to-basics version of Big Brother, slated for next year on its digital channel Go!

The pair have pleased Nine with strong demographic ratings in their hit-and-miss Hamish and Andy's Gap Year - shot in New York - and will return to the Nine studios next year.

More than 60,000 Big Brother fans have said "yes" to the idea of the show returning to our screens and H&A would be the perfect fit after the former Channel 10 series got too complicated.

Nine is yet to confirm that it will take on Big Brother but insiders say plans are on track.

A Queensland "spy" told The Daily Telegraph production on the new-look house had started at Movie World and not the program's former home of Dreamworld.

Expected to run nightly from Sunday to Friday, the program is seen as a strong audience lure for Nine's youthful digital channel Go!.

Big Brother is predicted to launch on the back of Nine's Olympic coverage.

According to a source, the series will feature "real" housemates in a "non tricked-up way".

"It'll be back to basics, like it was under (former producer) Peter Abbott," the source said. "They'll be twists, like in the French version, but it'll be pretty straight and just looking at people living in close confines."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/te ... z1dmLHsRHf
You´re welcome!

Tirkka
Isoveli

Re: Big Brother Australia 2012 tulossa?

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tirkka » 16 Marras 2011 00:00

Miesjuontajille BB:ssä hevosenkyrvän kokoinen peukku alas. Ei jatkoon.
Totuus on tuolla ulkona.

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Re: Big Brother Australia 2012 - Yleistä keskustelua

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 02 Joulu 2011 12:29

Uusi juontaja on naispuolinen... Ja ihan nätti kieltämättä. ;)
dailytelegraph.com.au kirjoitti:Sonia Kruger leaving Dancing with the Stars to host Big Brother

Kuva
Moving stations ... Sonia Kruger is set to host Big Brother. Source: Supplied

While still signed to Seven until the end of this year, insiders have confirmed the 46-year-old sees Nine's next reality reboot as the "perfect fit" for her live TV skills and career longevity.

The former Today Tonight reporter moved through the Channel 7 ranks before coming to national acclaim as the co-host of Dancing With The Stars. A one-time ballroom dancer, she found her feet playing Daryl Somers' sidekick on the series, with her cheeky quips adding spice to the live broadcast.

When Somers was replaced by Dan MacPherson two years ago, Kruger took more control, stoking much-needed headlines with her clever and sometimes controversial remarks.

A source close to the star said yesterday Kruger was drawn to the challenge of taking on Big Brother - a gig made famous by Gretel Killeen. "She's looking for some longevity and has been chasing a new challenge."

Nine declined to comment directly on Kruger or Big Brother ahead of the network's 2012 schedule - including new talent and programming - to be revealed next week.

Kruger's signing would also give Nine another option if Mornings host Kerri-Anne Kennerley cannot reach terms with management. No offer for a role on KAK has been made, with network boss Jeff Browne yet to decide on the show's format or future.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/s ... 6196635030
smh.com.au kirjoitti:New host to keep eye on Big Brother house

Sonia Kruger is set to host Big Brother when it returns to Australian screens.

Sonia Kruger is set to host Big Brother when it returns to Australian screens. Photo: Jason Ierace

Sonia Kruger will host the rebooted Big Brother franchise bound for the Nine Network next year, but the show's strongest asset could be an unknown man from Perth.

Kruger, who was this week announced as Kerri-Anne Kennerley’s replacement as the face of Nine’s morning television, was unveiled as the new Big Brother host on the show's official Facebook page today.

But it could be someone with a much lower profile who determines whether the series revival is a boom or bust.

Tim van der Akker is a 24-year-old travel agency employee and terminal Big Brother fan whose unofficial Big Brother websites have claimed a larger fan base than the station's own channels.

Nearly 70,000 Facebook users have liked the page Mr van der Akker created in September after news broke the old Channel Ten series would return as Big Brother: Secrets on Nine in 2012.

Nine's official site has just over 22,000 fans, most of whom the West Australian enthusiast claims came after he posted a link on his page at the request of the network's social media team.

A spokeswoman for Nine confirmed the station was aware of Mr van der Akker's site.

Mr van der Akker also contributes to Gold Coast based fansite bigbrotheraustralia.com.au, another unaffiliated site populated with facts about the show, and a series of interviews conducted with former housemates.

He told brisbanetimes.com.au he hoped Nine would be interested in striking a deal closer to launch, including a spot on the show.

“That'd be the dream,” the wannabe radio host said. “I was too young to audition for the show in previous years, but it's all on this time around.”

As for what it was about the show he loved so much, Mr van der Akker said he'd always been “a bit of a people watcher”.

“Also Big Brother started in Holland and I'm a Dutchy, so it fits,” he said. “I think they really lost their way with the last season though – Kyle [Sandilands] and Jackie O [Henderson] should stick to radio.”

Mr van der Akker said while the 2Day FM hosts' stint with the series didn't compare with the efforts of original anchor Gretel Killeen.

He said speculation about Kruger taking over, before she was announced today, had been met with strong fan-based disapproval.

“About two from 600 comments on the Facebook page were positive,” he said. “But she might be the right woman for the job – I think it'll be a ratings winner for Nine.”

Former housemate Pete Timbs, now a host with Triple M in Brisbane, said the show could benefit from a Survivor-style strategy-sharing twist, but that Australia was ready for another season of the show.

Mr Timbs was one of the first unfamiliar faces to find fame through the series which aired on Ten from 2001 to 2008.

He said changes to the format and the calibre of housemates since the debut season he participated had reduced the appeal and cultural impact of the pioneering reality show.

“Our season was very much a social experiment,” the former viticulturalist said. “We had a really diverse group of people who were really different from each other in their ages and backgrounds – it wasn't just tits and bums trying to get the most camera time. We also had no idea how it would play out, or how the public were reacting on the outside.

“I learned lessons through the show as well – it was very much engineered to get people who'd normally never associate with each other working together to see how they'd engage, how it would unfold.”

Big Brother is expected to air after Nine's coverage of the London Olympics wraps in August next year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... z1fN6OZqyF
You´re welcome!

Tirkka
Isoveli

Re: Big Brother Australia 2012 - Uutisia

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tirkka » 04 Joulu 2011 09:22

Kaksi huomiota noista uutisista jotka osoittavat sen miten vähän odotan tältä uudelta tulemiselta (hei, olihan se Ruotsinkin BB:n takaisintuleminen jättimäinen floppi sen jälkeen miten paljon parempia ne aikaisemman "runin" kaudet olivat):

- Uusi juontaja on ainakin tuon yhden kuvan perusteella kammottavan näköinen kotka. Ja liian vanhakin on, nuorempi juontaja olisi saanut olla. Oikeaa sukupuolta sentään on, miesjuontajat ei kuulu tähän formaattiin.

- Uutisissa mainitaan nykyviihteen suurin yksittäinen kaikenpilaava termi: "Reboot". Jo pelkästään sen sanan perusteella, jos uutinen tulee viralliselta BB-taholta, olen valmis tyrmäämään tulevan Australian BB-tuotannon täysin maanrakoon. Mikään näkemäni "reboot" ikinä mistään ei ole ollut mistään kotoisin.

Toivottavasti olemattomat odotukseni ylittyvät.
Totuus on tuolla ulkona.

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 25 Joulu 2011 21:40

couriermail.com.au kirjoitti:Seven Network seeks dirt files to attack Nine's Big Brother in 2012

A START date for Channel 9's reboot of Big Brother hasn't even been announced yet but Channel 7 is already sharpening its knives.

Former Big Brother host and narrator Mike Goldman told Confidential that he'd had a phone call from a Today Tonight producer looking for phone numbers of past contestants of the reality series.

The producer told him they were planning a "Big Brother ruined my life" story.

Channels 7 and 9 have been arch rivals for as long as Aussie television has existed, so it is no surprise the current affairs show would be looking to do a stitch-up on Nine's big hope for 2012.

But with Seven winning the ratings battle this year, is this a case of sticking the boot in while Nine is down?

Mike told us he'd had initial talks about reprising his role in some form when Big Brother returns some time next year.

It has been a busy year for the Queensland-born entertainer, who has been based in Sydney for several years.

He shot a small part on the Brisbane teen drama SLiDE, and also filmed a small role in the Magda Szubanski, Ronan Keating-starring rom-com Goddess.

He also has his own secret film project in the works for a potential release next year. Stay tuned for more details.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertain ... 6228917417
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 17 Tammi 2012 05:55

couriermail.com.au kirjoitti:Brother, they're back

Kuva
MORE ENGAGING: New Big Brother host Sonja Kruger gives the new family-friendly version of the show a positive wrap. Source: The Sunday Mail (Qld)

FORGET turkey slapping and X-rated bedroom scenes, the new Big Brother is going to be family-friendly viewing, insists host Sonia Kruger.

Kruger, who defected from Seven to Nine to host the reality series and a new morning program, says it will be a much cleaner show than earlier versions.

"It's the all-new Big Brother. It's going to be bigger and better than anything we've seen," she says.

"It'll be more engaging and appealing to a broader audience because children will be watching and, because Nine is running it every night at 7pm, it has to be family-friendly."

Kruger said there would be more emphasis on weekly challenges and the show was designed for family viewers.

For the host, who grew up in Queensland, filming the show at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast was a huge bonus.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/brot ... 6244495524
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 31 Tammi 2012 19:46

http://au.news.yahoo.com kirjoitti:Sonia Kruger in new BB role

Kuva

Sonia Kruger has revealed she was in line to host the original Big Brother but turned down the opportunity because she didn't want to leave Channel Seven.

Kruger, who will host a rebooted version of the controversial reality show on Channel Nine later this year, says she was asked to screen test for the role that eventually went to Gretel Killeen in 2001, but didn't feel ready for such a big career move.

"Luckily I didn't because a couple of years later, *Dancing with the Stars *came along and that was a perfect fit for me," Kruger told Access All Areas. "I think sometimes you have to be fatalistic and think 'This all happened for a reason'."

Kruger, who left Seven in November after almost 15 years with the network, will return to the small screen on February 6 as co-host of Mornings alongside entertainer David Campbell.

Big Brother has yet to be given an air date but Kruger says the Australian public can expect a totally new-look show.

"I think when Big Brother first started out it was this social experiment but it lost its innocence along the way," Kruger said. "What we'll be doing is taking it back to basics and shifting the focus within the house.

"Let's just say it will be more challenging for the contestants and will appeal to that very broad demographic. Kids will like it and parents will feel comfortable about them watching it."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entert ... w-bb-role/
Koko perheen BB. Myös lapsille suunnattu.

Hmm...ei kyllä jostain syystä kuulosta oikein hyvältä. :noup:
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 22 Helmi 2012 19:00

BTB:n kautta bongattua...
dreamworld.com.au kirjoitti:DREAMWORLD CONFIRMED AS HOME OF BIG BROTHER 2012

After months of anticipation, Australia’s favourite theme park, Dreamworld, has today confirmed that the park will be the home of the hit television series Big Brother Australia in 2012.

There has been a flood of speculation as to where the iconic Big Brother house and studio will be located, and Dreamworld is pleased to reveal its involvement in the new show.

Dreamworld Chief Executive Officer, Todd Coates, said “Dreamworld is incredibly excited to be the home of the new Big Brother series. The Big Brother house and studios will be an iconic attraction at Dreamworld and for the Gold Coast.”

It is fantastic news for Dreamworld, and also for the local film and tourism industries. Dreamworld is proud to participate in this significant investment into the Gold Coast,” Mr Coates continued.

Southern Star Executive Producer, Big Brother 2012, Alex Mavroidakis said, “Southern Star Entertainment is thrilled to bring Big Brother back to its natural home, Dreamworld on Queensland’s Gold Coast.”

“Our hub at Dreamworld always allows us to create a show that is truly dynamic and after a four year break, we’re excited to build a brand-new House that will exceed Housemate and audience expectations,” Mr Mavroidakis continued.

The programme is scheduled to air on the Nine Network later this year. Tickets for shows have not yet been confirmed.

For more information as it comes visit www.dreamworld.com.au or follow the only official Big Brother Facebook page facebook.com/BigBrotherAU, or twitter @bbau9.

http://about.dreamworld.com.au/Media-Ce ... -2012.aspx
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 18 Maalis 2012 09:17

Kauden 2012 "silmä" on paljastettu, aussibb:n uudet kotisivut on avattu ja myös asukasetsintä eli asukashaku (housemate hunt) on alkanut...

"The eye"
Kuva

Housemate hunt:
https://bigbrother.castasugar.com/

Aussi BB:n kotisivut mallia 2012:
http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/BigBrother/
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Re: Big Brother Australia 2012 - Yleistä keskustelua

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 17 Kesä 2012 17:05

Big Brother Australia starttaa 13.8.2012 ja kauden pituus on ilmeisesti 86 päivää...
Behind Big Brother Australia kirjoitti:Big Brother starts Monday 13th August

No rest from the Olympics

We have a date!

Peter Wiltshire from Channel Nine revealed yesterday that Big Brother will premiere on Monday 13 August, the day after the Olympic closing ceremony is broadcast.

Wiltshire also revealed Big Brother will run for 12 weeks, which takes the show back to its early season length of approximately 86 days. The show length has been known to change mid-season, however.

Housemates will likely enter the house on the Saturday or Sunday night prior, if Nine go with the pre-recorded format favoured by Channel Ten in the later seasons of the show.

Nine is intending to hold on to the audience turned in for the Olympics by having no break between it’s wrap up and the BB launch.

The new ‘adult’ show was also confirmed by Wiltshire as containing content not suitable for the 7pm “family friendly” daily show.

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2012/06 ... th-august/

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaki ... 6396663507
BB Adults Only palaamassa?
Behind Big Brother Australia kirjoitti:New season to get nightly ‘adult’ show

Big Brother Up Late may be resurrected

Big Brother Up LatePeter Wiltshire from Channel Nine’s sales division revealed today that Big Brother will gain a new nightly ‘adults only’ show in the 2012 lineup. The announcement was made at a media buyers breakfast alongside news of Channel Nine’s programming plans for the rest of the year.

Accompanying the usual 7pm daily show which has been described as “family friendly”, the new adult show will be broadcast on multichannel GO! at 9pm weeknights.

At this stage we’re not sure if this is simply a return of Big Brother Up Late, or something a little more ‘saucy’. Big Brother Uncut (later retitled Adults Only) was pulled mid-2006 amid political pressure and Up Late has not been seen since 2007. Either way a 9pm timeslot allows for screening of MA15+ content.

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2012/06 ... dult-show/
Behind Big Brother Australia kirjoitti:Leon Murray returns as the voice of Big Brother

Familiar voice will command the housemates

The latest round of promo ads on Channel Nine have revealed Leon Murray, who was the voice of Big Brother in 2008, will return in the role. Leon’s voice can be heard in the new ads denying access to the ‘blonde bimbo’ and ‘muscle jock’ types.

There have been rumours most crew members who were part of the show during it’s run on Channel 10 were approached to rejoin in 2012. The new executive producer, Alex Mavroidakis, had already been a producer for BB spinoffs shows like ‘Uncut’.

Leon has been working on the show for many years, first as an editor for Big Brother Uplate before taking over the Big Brother voice in 2008. Here’s a clip of him as crew member of the week back in 2004:

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2012/06 ... g-brother/
Uusin promo:
Behind Big Brother Australia kirjoitti:Here’s the new promo advertisement
Sonia doesn't think highly of swags and gym junkies

The new Big Brother 2012 promo ad shot in Parramatta is now making its way across the country. Watch below.

You´re welcome!

janne
Verokarhu

Viesti Kirjoittaja janne » 20 Kesä 2012 18:35

^ Eli olisi mahdollisuus asukasvaihtoon Australian kanssa. Jos se asukasvaihto tänäkin vuonna tulee niin toivottavasti se on Australian kanssa.

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 12 Heinä 2012 21:33

Uutisen mukaan virallisten sivujen vuotamista tiedoista voi päätellä niin, että livestreamiä ei olisi tulossa (korvattu live päivityksillä) ja facebook äänestys taas olisi...

Uutinen kertoo myös että 13 asukasta olisi mahdollisesti astumasssa taloon launchpäivänä...
Behind Big Brother kirjoitti:Official website leaks
EXCLUSIVE: 13 housemates, no live feed and Facebook voting

Kuva

Oops! Channel 9′s web design agency accidentally published a preview version of the official Big Brother website to the publicly accessible internet this week, providing new details about the season to come.

The site, which was accessible for several days until the leak was plugged, was a semi-complete design version with mostly filler content from Channel 9′s other large reality TV show, The Voice.

Here’s what the site tells us:

No live feed. The main navigation contains no placeholders for a live internet feed. Channel 9 may provide this on one of their digital free to air channels, however this has yet to be confirmed. Cutting the live feed would cut costs for the show as it wouldn’t require a 24/7 producer. There is a Live Updates section of the website, but it is in a form similar to that of the diary from previous official sites.

No premium content. Previous official websites offered an option to become a ‘premium’ member for a small fee, which gave users access to additional video content, alternative live streams and other exclusive features. This doesn’t look like it’ll be making a comeback.

Full streaming episodes. Not surprising considering what Channel 9 offer for many of their other shows.

13 housemates. Code for the sliding housemate banner in the header has provision for 13 housemates – at least to begin with. Seasons 1 and 2 began with 12 housemates, Season 3, 4 and 8 with 14, Season 5 and 6 with 15 and Season 7 with 16.

Public voting via Facebook. Social media has taken a massive step forward since the last incarnation of Big Brother, and it seems the show will be integrated tightly with Facebook. The Evictions page contains buttons to vote for nominated housemates via Facebook, as well as SMS and phone.

Little Sister. An entire navigation item is dedicated to Little Sister, and the page itself has a different (pink) background to the rest of the site. Little Sister is being pitched as an ‘insider’, but whether or not this will be online-only or extend to a TV slot is yet to be determined.

Ninemsn don’t have a great track record with gaffes like this – in May a video announcing the winner of Celebrity Apprentice was published online a day before it went to air.

Let’s hope they don’t announce the winner of Big Brother too early this season.

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2012/07 ... ite-leaks/
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 12 Elo 2012 23:53

Launch night spoilerit:
| +
[quote="BBBA"]Launch night wrap[/code]
Ten housemates, a secret task, and the set catches fire!

Mike Goldman was back on board to keep the crowd excited – and the fact that he came out shuffling set the tone for the night pretty early! A couple of times throughout the night they got the whole audience shuffling to use in TV promos for show that will air throughout the day tomorrow. Mike also played games, asking people to point out anyone taking pictures. And there were a LOT of tickets for the Tuesday night show being handed out! By the end of the show a roll of tickets was just being passed around for anyone who wanted some.

The fire:

The show opened with a short montage video and a group of dancers doing the shuffle to introduce new host Sonia Kruger. There were even pyrotechnics going off around them – but after the new opening titles had rolled, a couple of the pyro launchers on the roof caught fire and dropped to the stage. It left a nasty black mark on their shiny new entrance ramp! Luckily the fires were very small, and there wasn’t enough smoke that the auditorium had to be evacuated.

The Housemates:

After a delay while the damage was cleaned up, Sonia attempted her introduction again and we got to meet the first housemate of 2012 – Michael. He’s an advertising copywrier, and is quite charismatic and likeable. He’s the bloke with the long orange hair that was seen in one of the housemate promos.

Michael entered the house through the former arena doorway and proceeded to make himself very comfortable, flopping over chairs and inspecting just about every object in every room.

The next four housemates to enter were all women:

Sarah – works in car sales. Pretty likeable.
Angie – Bubbly blonde sales rep.
Zoe – farmer girl. Not keen on asylum seekers who arrive by boat.
Layla – Unemployed, from Manchester in the UK (and has the accent to match). Only came to Australia in February.

The women found themselves locked into the ‘parlour’, a closed-off room with a very pink colour scheme and a pair of monitors with a live feed showing Michael making himself at home in the main house (that’s right, the housemates got a live feed, unlike us!)

Finally Michael got a mate – rock singer and surfer Josh. Michael actually got called into the Diary Room (that conversation is covered on the official diary). As Michael and Josh got into the snacks another three women made their way into the parlour. By the time the last one arrived they’d already drunk all their alcohol!

Charne – Works at Draculas on the Gold Coast and likes the ‘vintage’ look.
Estelle – Law student and skater girl. She was in the promos wearing the Lakers top.
Stacey – Accounts manager.

By this point the blokes were aware there were women somewhere, they had been able to hear them through the walls.

The tenth and final housemate was ‘checkout chick’ Bradley. He’s small, a self-described geek, and suffers from a stutter. He lives in a town of only 1,200 and works (and lives) in his family’s supermarket. Being a bloke, he entered straight into the main house.

The ‘Secret’ task:

Big Brother spoke to the seven women and told them that they would be given a list of secrets, and had one week to match the secret to the male housemates. They could only discuss the task in the parlour, which would be opened at BB’s discretion. The task would be failed if the males found out about it. Pass the task, and they would be safe from the first eviction. Fail, and it would be one of them leaving. The eight secrets included having been fired from every job he ever had, had the IQ of a genius, had dated over 100 girls, is related to royalty, and is a multi-millionaire!

With that the girls were released into the house to meet the three blokes!

Tuesday:

More male housemates will be heading into the house on Tuesday night’s live show.

A few extra notes…

The House: You’ve probably already seen a lot of the photos, but here’s a few extra tidbits. Most of the doors between rooms are automatic sliding doors. The Parlour was accessed through a corridor at the side of the lounge area, to the left of the punishment room. The Diary Room had a red colour scheme, and the glass doors leading through to it were tinted red by lights. There’s a set of shelves in the bedroom that slides away to reveal a secret area (this was demonstrated in a video package, not live). The gym area in the backyard is empty for now. Also in the backyard is a pizza oven!

Prize money: Sonia confirmed the prize is once again $250,000.

Graphics: The opening titles for the show were the same look as the promo that saw the BB eye coming together from various pieces. Apparently they were nothing special – one person at the live show told us they were the weakest-looking titles the show has had; that the eye/logo animation was very flat and two-dimensional.

Theme: The iconic Big Brother theme is back, this time it was more like a dance remix.

The set: The UK-inspired stage saw housemates enter through a large eye (with an iris opening that stopped working and stayed open after the second housemate entered), chatting with Sonia for a few minutes, slapping hands with the carefully-trained front row, and then exiting up some stairs off to the side. On one side of the set was a large video screen, which was frequently used as a backdrop when Sonia spoke to the camera. One of the images used on it was a huge control room-style split screen showing live views from about 20-30 of the cameras in the house![/quote]

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2012/08 ... ight-wrap/
You´re welcome!

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “BB9”